The End

Epilogue (s)

~

It's after midnight. Mr Martin Kent sits at his desk trying his best to sort out his bills. His shoe factory was in trouble. As he spills his bottle of ink across his notes he curses loudly, startling two sleeping felines on his wife's armchair. The grey one hisses at him and he swears at the thing. Attempting to wipe his messy blue hands on the white cat, the larger one attacks his arms and hisses aggressively. He tries to strike the thing but the small white cat won't have that. Oh no, she lunges for his groin and sinks her little claws in. Martin howls in pain and frustration frolicking all around his grand living room like a mad man.

"Four hundred bloody dollars for you useless animals and the wife is never even around to even tame you! Beasts! Rats!", he screams. And the cats yowl in response.

He eventually shakes off his ambushers and gasps to himself. This happens often. The cats have never liked their new home and are determined to make that clear. Just when the man is about to head for his much too large for a single man bed, a scratching noise comes to his door. He thinks it's a cat at first but they are circling his feet, ready to pounce again. He listens again. Whatever is scratching his door is using an odd rhythm.

Scratch scrape scratch scrape scratch scrape.

"Who's there? Show yourself!", the man orders, a cold sweat breaking out on his brow.

Here's a giggle. A high pitched girlish giggle. Martin stumbles back, stepping on the grey cats tail. She hisses and scampers back.

"Come out this instance!", Martin cries.

"Okay", whispers a voice.

His entire door splinters open. Two figures dressed in black stand at the doorway. One of them slowly enters the room and let's down her hood revealing a blue eyed woman with platinum with blond hair.

"Mr Martin Kent?", the woman coos. She then smirks. "I believe you have something of mine"

https://youtu.be/-d3RYW0YoEk

Taylor sits peacefully under a blossoming tree by the Opal mountain lake. She smiles to herself as she remembers that this was where her wedding was held. That was four years ago today. The sun kisses her cheeks and she feels safe. She feels whole. Frantic splashing can be heard from the water ahead.

"Hayley, play closer to the bank, all right?", the woman warns her daughter.

"Yes, Ma", the green eyed girl calls back.

"Don't worry, Momma, I'm watching her", Jennifer assures.

"I know", Taylor smiles.

"You need to relax", Karlie says as she sits down beside her mate, picnic basket in hand. "Not good for our next little trouble maker".

"Our next little trouble maker has nothing to worry about", Taylor says, stroking her round stomach. "I am so glad you carried the first one. I'm worn out enough as it is".

Karlie presses a hard kiss to Taylor's jaw, "I'd carry ten more for you".

"Woah, okay. Let's not get ahead of ourselves", Taylor chuckles. "I like the shade your hair has turned this season".

"Mmm, and yours is lovely. Dark hair on you is sexy", Karlie smiles.

"Kar, the kid is right over there!"

"She doesn't know what that word means yet", Karlie smirks and leans in for another kiss to the corner of Taylor's lips.

"EW!", Hayley shrieks, sticking her tongue out. "Gross!"

"You're gross!", Karlie yells back, feigning hurt. Taylor chuckles and rolls her eyes. Hayley is just like her mother.

"No, I'm not!", the little girl retorts, her pigtails bouncing as she stomps her foot and giggles.

"Are so", Karlie teases.

"Nuh-uh!"

"Come here, you little demon!", Karlie laughs and races towards Hayley with her teeth slightly bared. Hayley screams and runs laughing into the water.

"Be careful!", Taylor calls, unable to run after the two with her large belly.

"You really do need to relax", Danielle soothes, coming to Taylor's side in wolf form.

"Tell me about it", Taylor sighs.

"Hey", Danielle says.

"Yes?"

"It's gonna be all right".

Taylor smiles back slowly and scratches the wolf's ear. "It always is".

And she watches as Karlie and her daughter splash happily along the lake.

-

https://youtu

https://youtu.be/ZoJz2SANTyo
-
AN Thank you so so much x

Artwork: Darkelfslair on Tumblr
-R