Thirty-one

Riley had officially met Dylan on wednesday night.

To be honest, I was kind of nervous for her to meet Dylan. What if she liked him more? I knew it was really, really dumb of me to think like that, but the insecurities sometimes just got to me. 

I invited them both over to watch a movie and just hang out at my house, even though it was just a school week. Mom thought I was old enough anyway, which was kind of nice actually. My parents weren't that strict with me as other people's parents. I had heard of some kids that couldn't even stay up till ten. And they were seventeen, like me. Strict much?

When the doorbell rang, my heart soared through the sky. Could it be Riley? Or was it Dylan?

To my utter disappointment, it was Dylan.

"Wow, dude. You're officially the worst best friend. Seriously? Not even a smile?"

I rolled my eyes and pushed him inside, shutting the door close after him. He was such a drama queen sometimes. Why did girls even like him that much?

"Ooooooooooh," Dylan snickered. "You thought that was Riley at the door, didn't you?"

"I still can't believe wittle cutie Parker has a gi-" He stopped talking after I smacked him on the back of his head. 

"Don't embarrass me, you ass," I groaned. "What if she breaks up with me because she thinks you're weird?"

Dylan sputtered as he sat down on the couch and crossed his arms. "That I'm weird?!" he exclaimed, shaking his head. "Parker, Parker, Parker," he began with a dramatic sigh. "Have you ever looked in the mirror?" 

I gave him a flat look. After I sat down on the couch, I prepared for the weird speech Dylan was going to give to me about my weirdness. Not that he could have good arguments, since he was the biggest geek that walked on this planet. Even though girls fawned over him, he was a jock, and he was popular, nobody knew that Dylan Saunders liked Dungeons and Dragons. Yes he did. That little shít.

Dylan opened his mouth to talk, when the doorbell rang again. My heart started beating a hundred miles per hour, knowing who was at the door. I was going to open the door, take her in my arms and kiss her. 

Dylan interrupted my thoughts by wiggling his eyebrows.

Jezus, how is this going to go? I had thought.