Twenty-six

I had been sending text messages to Riley relentlessly, without any thought, just because I had wanted to see her replies.

Riley Davis was my girlfriend.

And she had been for a day.

A day.

We were dating.

My girlfriend, 

Riley Davis.

Okay, maybe I should stop with the sentimental stuff, but I couldn't get the fact out of my head that Riley and I were dating. Although it had only been a day ago, I still felt as if I was on cloud nine.

I was currently watching a movie Riley had picked out for me to watch. But I was kind of distracted by my phone.

-- Watcha doin' ? --  I sent to her, grinning from ear to ear.

-- Commiting a murder most foul --

I rolled my eyes at her reply.

-- You play Cards Against Humanity wayyyy too much --

-- And btw, look at what I'm watching, especially for you, milady --

I took a picture of the TV screen and it was right at one of the cutest moments in the film. I could see why Riley liked this so much.

I got an alert that I had received a reply

-- OOOOH! You better wait for the tears to come, Spidey. I wish I was there to see your face. --

-- Now I'm scared. You scare me so much Riley :p -- 

I almost made the face of the emoticon I sent her. 

-- Uh huh, you better watch out Reversed Spiderman... ;) --

Laughing at her reply, I leaned back and watched the movie. I couldn't really focus too much on the screen though, as I was constantly checking my phone and texting.

-- Oh yeah? WHY? --

-- I am the shadow in the night. FEAR ME. I AM THE MONSTER UNDER YOUR BED --

Snorting at her reply, I was almost tempted to look under the bed. I was almost convinced she was underneath there. Nothing was impossible for Riley Davis.

- I would rather have you ON the bed :) --

WHY DID I SEND THAT TO HER? WHY? I was in complete panic mode and looked at my fingers with a horrified expression. My hands were sweating and my heart was pounding in my chest as I waited for her reply. I had never felt more nervous, but I didn't regret asking her to come over. Maybe the way was a bit off... for me, at least.

-- On my way --

What had I gotten myself into?