Twenty-three

Dylan had been so right about me.

"Dude, you are so whipped man. She's all you talk about... Riley this, Riley that. When will it end?" He groaned, shaking his head wildly. He then began to mimic my voice, well he tried to, seeing as he was making high pitched noises.

"I do not sound like that." I threw a pillow at his head and he dodged it, beginning to laugh. I glared at him and turned my attention to kicking his butt at Call of Duty. Even though I hated this game because it had absolutely no plot or substance at all, it took my mind of Riley for a bit. Dylan was right, sadly. Riley was all I could think about. And with school coming along, we both had less time to see eachother. And maybe she had been a little bit more closed off because of the story she told me, with her family. I still felt really bad for what had happened to her parents. No one should have to deal with cancer, no one.

"Oh, dude! What the hell was that?" he yelled when I threw  a grenade at him. I grinned and watched as his player died and respawned in a place where he kept dying.

"That's what you get, díckhead," I laughed at him. Putting the game on pause, I turned to him. I grinned wider when I saw he was still growling at the screen and cursing everything on this planet. "Hey man, it's just a game."

"Pfft, just a game. Man, this could ruin our friendship forever."

"Ah, man. Please forgive me. Oh Dylan, what would I do without you?" I said, overly dramatic. I got off the bed and walked over to him, so I could get on my knees and look at him with puppy eyes. "I can't live without you Dylan!" I yelled dramatically.

"You defenitely read to many romance novels," Dylan stated, pushing me away from him. I fell on my butt and laughed at his reaction. 

"I could use a few pointers. Especially since you're the one not giving them," I gave him a pointed look, to which he laughed and rolled his eyes.

Dylan leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. "Dude. Seriously? Riley is not my type at all, so I can't help you with tapping that."

"Tapping that, seriously Dylan?" I threw another pillow in his face, which he caught, the bastard. He opened his eyes with a wide grin on his face and threw the pillow back at me, hitting me in the face. I groaned and pushed it away from me, leaning towards him. "I'm serious, Dylan, I really like her."

"I know, I know," he rolled his eyes. "I was just messing with you. But you know it's true, Park. I can't give you any tips on how to get her to like you more. She's defenitely something else."

I smiled at his reply.

Yes... Riley had defenitely been something else entirely.