Nine And A Quarter

She had looked so beautiful that night.

Riley had gasped as she had finally looked ahead and had seen where I took her on our date. Her eyes had widened and her hand had shot out to open the car door, but I was faster than her and scrambled out of the car to open her door for her. She had shot me a grateful look and then had thrown her arms around my neck.

Surprised, I held onto her waist and had to prevent myself from stumbling backwards. I could feel her grin against my shoulder as she had watched the scene play out in front of her.

"You took me to a movie drive-in?" she had asked, a wide smile on her face as she pulled back.

I nodded, my cheeks a bit red. I was glad that she liked it so much, but I was still a little nervous. The last time I took someone on a date was well... never. Chuckling quietly to myself, I took her hand and turned her back to face me.

"It get's better," I told her, a wide smile on my face.

"Huh?" she had asked, her eyebrows scrunching together. "How does it get better than this?"

I grinned at her. "They're showing the original Spiderman, Smiley."

Riley had laughed and hugged me again. "The original ones are great! I love them! Thank you so much, Parker."

I blinked rapidly. Then, a wide grin took over my face.

She had called me Parker for the very first time.