To Mission City

En-route to Mission City, Nevada
2007

Matsuri glanced down at the cube that sat beside her, in the backseat of Bumblebee. They had just gotten out of the site of the dam and was now headed for the highway to  to Mission City to hopefully, find somewhere to hide the cube. She was so deep into her thoughts that she was startled when Sam exclaim something and relief. She looked out of the rear window and grinned at what she saw.

Behind their convoy was the familiar vehicles of the autobots with Optimus in the very back.

"Hey kiddies, miss us?" Ironhide's voice flooded the interior of the Camaro.

"Oh god Ironhide, I have missed the sound of your voice." Matsuri breathed, causing Ironhide to chuckle.

"Likewise kid."

"Oh, and Hide?"

"Yes?"

"When this is over and we get out of this alive, I swear you and Ratchet are allowed to adopt me." She glanced behind her and grinned as she saw the black truck and the hummer serve slightly.

She mainly said that to get a reaction out of the two, but it did hold some truth behind it. She really did want them to adopt her, mainly because of how comfortable she was in their presence despite the little time they spent together. Hell, she could practically feel a bond that led to them.

Before either could say anything, they made it onto the highway, but they had company now.

"No. No, no, no, no." Sam mumbled as he looked out of the rear window.

"What?" Asked Mikeala.

"It's the same cop! Block them, block them, block them.."

Matsuri could see Optimus slowing down Ratchet and Ironhide came close so they were side by side and felt Echomix cowering in her pocket.

Behind the three, she could see the tan military bomb removal vehicle(Right?) transforming into a decepticon, its red optics boring into the autobots.

Optimus slowed more before transforming himself. The two titans clashed and rolled off of the highway and unto another.

Matsuri took a deep breath and looked forward, praying that the leader will be fine on his own.

After driving for god knows how long, She felt a sharp pain in her head, causing her to suck in a sharp breath and grab her head.

"Tell me, do you really think you can keep the cube from me?" The gravelly voice from before stated with a dark chuckle. "Soon your pathetic autobots will be scrap metal beneath my feet and you will bow before me."

'Not a chance Megatron, We will beat you.'

A sharp jab of pain shot through her head, making her squeeze her eyes shut.

"So confident, let's see how well it holds up shall we?"

With that, he was gone, leaving the teenager with a throbbing headache. She massaged her temples and looked up, seeing that they had just entered the city. After about a minute, the convoy pulled to a stop and everyone got out of their vehicles, looking up at the Raptor. Someone through a canister a few feet away and the area around it started to fill with green smoke.

Ironhide suddenly transformed, startling the humans.

"Its Starscream!" He quickly started to go forward before waving the others away. "Back up and take cover! Bumblebee!"

The said mech had just finished transforming and went to a truck with Ironhide and lifted it to use as a shield for everyone else.

"Back up! Back up!" Ironhide waved with one arm.

"Retreat! Fall back!" Lennox ordered. Matsuri stood there for a second before quickly started to back pedal. She didn't get far when the missile hit, sending her flying. She landed on her back hard and bounced, landing on her stomach. She gasped as she tried to regain her breath. She could hear Sam calling for Ratchet distantly, as if she was further away than what she actually was. She could hear distant small explosions going off, causing her to blink.

"..Atsuri...Matsuri!" She heard Sam shout. "Matsuri!" She felt herself being helped up and hugged. Once she got her bearings and saw that it was Sam, she hugged back. He pulled away before looking behind him. She followed his gaze and her heart broke.

Bumblebee was on the ground, crawling with no legs.

"Bee!" She bolted to the yellow bot and wrapped her arms around his head. Echomix climbed out of her pocket and let out a sad chirp, crawling up onto her shoulder and nuzzled Bee's head.

"We'll get ya fixed up bro, don't worry." she breathed before moving away. Bee looked at her for a moment before picking up the cube and handed it to her. She stared down at it before looking at him. "Bee..."

"Sam, Matsuri!" Mikeala's voice startled her. She looked over and saw Mikaela jumping out of the Tow-truck with Sam. "Help me with this." She stated as she picked up the chain.

"Bee, can you crawl to the truck?" Asked Matsuri. Bee gave a whirl and did what she asked. Once he got there, he turned around and leaned back against the truck slightly as the three humans got to work of chaining him to the said truck. Sam was ordering where the chain should go when Lennox came running up to us.

"Sam! Where's the cube?"

"Its right here." Sam told him, motioning the said cube that I set on the ground.

"Alright. I can't leave my man back here so I need you to take this cube-"

"What?"

"-take it to the building with the statues-"

"No.."

"-and meet the blackhawks there for extraction."

"I can't do it! I-I can't-"

Lennox's arm shot out and gripped Sam's jacket and brought him close.

"You're a soldier now Sam!" He lets the boy go and pushed the flare against Sam's chest, making him grab it.

"I'll come with you bro." Matsuri spoke up, after giving Echomix to Mikeala. "We stick together, no matter what."

"Okay...Okay yeah." Sam breathed before jumping off of the truck. He picked up the cube and the flare and went to run when Mikeala shouted for him. Matsuri watched as Sam turned and Mikeala running to him, putting her hands on Sam's chest.

"No matter what happens," she began. "I'm glad that I got in the care with you."

She turned to Matsuri and walked over, giving her a hug. Mikeala took a step back just as Lennox was shouting at the siblings to get going. The two looked at each other and nodded before taking off, Ironhide and Ratchet following.