“Alpha Danila” she said, the voice that I recognized as Flora’s. My best friend and beta survived.

“Flora” I muttered quietly. We ran into each other’s arms and engulfed into a tight, bone crushing embrace. “I thought you were dead” I chocked on my own saliva as breathing became an impossible task. “How did the rest of the pack survived?” I asked, pulling away.

“Your father had advised everyone to come here if ever anything happens. I am sorry for your parents Danila, yours and Bambi’s” she told me, sympathetically.

“It is okay. An alpha must remain firm, you don’t have to give me your pity. I assure you I can handle it” I said, talking as calm as I can be.

“You’re alpha?” Xenon came next to me, questioning. I looked at him, I totally forgot about everybody else in this room.

“I’m afraid so” I replied, nonchalantly.

“Wha-Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked, his hands creating gestures in the air.

“Simple… I just can’t, and you never asked too though”

He ran his palm through his face and sighed in such frustration, I can feel Flora’s heated gaze upon me as she began to sniff my neck in a very rude manner. She must’ve realized that I smelled different, she’s my best friend after all, she knows everything about me.

“You smell different, Danila” she paused and took one last sniff before backing away, “You smelled of…” she turned and glared at Xenon “him” she finished.

I sighed and looked down at the floor, of course, I can never hide them my scent… especially my mark. “He claimed me” I said,

“What?!”

“That’s why you smelled different” Bambi butted in, quickly covering her mouth because of joining the adult’s conversation. It’s rude of her, but she still managed to recognize her mistake in a swift moment.

“Alright” Xenon spoke up, “Is this why we can’t be together?” he asked, eyeing me with anticipation.

“No…” I shook my head and looked at him, apologetically. “There’s more… but I refuse to tell you”

“What? Why not?”

“Because even though now you claimed me, you and your pack will be in grave danger because of me. I don’t want any more connection with someone outside the pack, death will only be caused by me” I cried,

“Alpha” someone spoke up, definitely from my side of the pack. “We will not hinder your relation with another werewolf. You are free to be with him” she said, I looked at her and smiled, kindly.

“I am happy for your agreement. But even without your concern, they’ll still be around and hinder our progress of being happy. I can feel it” I paused and sighed, raking my hands through my hair. “They’ll never stop until we are all eradicated. In no time as such, I know they will attack”

“What exactly are you talking about Danila?” Xenon took my hands in his, his touch reassuring me that he will protect me in every way as he can. No matter how much I wanted to believe him, I can never do. He is a fool to think that he can take on a pack of vicious rogues by himself if they themselves have the ability to wipe out an entire pack of dominant wolves with ease.

“Can’t you understand?! Nothing will stop them from killing us!” I yelled at his face, remaining stern on this kind of conversation.

“Why can’t you understand that no matter what happen, I will protect you?! I will never let you and your pack be killed. I assure you of it!” he yelled back, his tone lowering as he got further.

“That’s enough” a booming voice of a man came echoing throughout the room. A man, the exact replica of Xenon came walking into the room. I can feel the power emanating out of his skin, and I know that he is alpha. “Danila” he turned to me, “Xenon” he looked at his son in such a stern manner. “You two come with me” he walked out of the room, Xenon and I trailing behind him.

The next thing I knew, he led us into his study. He nudged us to enter and closed the door swiftly behind us. Beckoning for us to sit on the chair in front of his office table, he sat on the office chair and crossed his legs. He was just as young as his son, I am not surprised though. Werewolves can stay in their youth as long as they shift into their wolf forms.

“I know that your pack has undergo a recent experience of slaughtering, Danila” his voice came ringing into my ears, filled with pity and sympathy. “I had experience that many years ago” I was shock by the words that had just escaped his lips. Experience?

“You do not know what you’re talking about, Alpha. With all due respect” I said, sternly. He doesn’t know what he was talking about.

“Believe me” he rose from his chair, slowly, “I have”

“How are you supposed to say that?” I snapped, glaring up at him.

“25 years ago” he began, “I was your age” he sighed, “It was a normal day under the moonlight of the mating ceremony. We males were around the forest, scattered individually as we all attempted to find our mates. As for me, I haven’t. That’s when the attack began. All of my pack members fought with such power and dominance, the best that we can go. Though with all our might, we remained as weaklings under their power. They killed all of the pack members, except for me. I ran away and attempted to avenge my pack’s death, but that revenge never came when I met Xenon’s mother. Nothing more is more important than her” he said, sighing.

I stared at him in faze, his situation was a lot worse than mine. No families or pack members left, just him. Looking down at my lap, I just got embarrassed because of the words that slipped from my mouth.

“I’m sorry, alpha. My apology” I said, quietly. A chuckle escaped his lips, though I must admit his laugh was not quite what symbolizes his happiness, but amusement.

What else can this day get into? There are many uneventful and quite unexpected that occurred, I just hope that something will turn up to be good. I just wish I can be a normal were like the others.