Chapter 8 - Part 2

Chapter 8 – Part 2

“So… what happened Cynthia?” Xenon asked while he nibbled on his fifth slice of cheesecake. I froze for a second but then tried to act as relax as possible.

“Oh, she’s passed out on my bed” I said, nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders “That last time I tried to wake her, she slapped my hand away… so I guess it will be a good time to wake her up later” I explained, with a forced smile. His gaze lingered at my face for more than a minute, he seemed hesitant to believe me. We stared at each other until Bambi cleared her throat and said,

“Stop the lovey-dovey stuff, will ya?”

“Sorry” Xenon muttered and dropped his gaze back to his food. “Don’t worry. Cynthia tends to pass out once she’d done something that exhausts her. I guess she had so much fun, with all the blaring music from up there” he chuckled and I smiled, letting out a sigh of relief.

Bambi got her plate to the sink and ran up the stairs again to lock herself on her room. Xenon gave me a questioning look about my sister and I just shrugged.

“She tends to do that a lot. She hates visitors, and quite shy to show herself to one. Just… forgive her”

Xenon nodded and sighed, “Are you still angry with me?” I looked at him with my puzzled look. “Don’t fool me, Danila. I know you’re still angry about what happened in the woods this morning”

I looked down at my cheesecake. I don’t have the appetite to eat it anymore. “Let’s not talk about it, please” I said,

“Come on, Danila. One way or another we ‘will’ talk about that topic sometime in the future, no matter what you do” he insisted. Sighing, I faced him in such a swift manner.

“Okay” I breathed “I am angry to you because you forced to claim me. I am angry to you because of your sister who insisted on coming to my house with her brother… which is you! And I am angry to myself, why did I even run into those woods lately? Oh yes! I am stupid enough to let my wolf to get the best of me” I said, my tones reaching a few octaves every word until I finally screamed the last part.

“Fine” he shrugged, nonchalantly. “I am sorry for what I did to you. Try being on my shoes and watch you run off. I told you many times that my wolf is simply hard to control! Why can’t you just give me a chance? Give us a chance” he placed both his hands on either side of my shoulders. If I can only answer that question with ease, but I can’t. There will be so much information that I could spill If I ever begin.

“I can’t give us a chance” I removed his hands from my shoulder, feeling my eyes become teary for my decision. “If only I knew that you will be here, I shouldn’t have ever come here”

“But why?” he asked, beginning to choke as swallowing became an impossible task. We heard a big thump coming from upstairs and Cynthia came rushing next to me like a drunken ant.

“God! Your sister just hit me on the head with a big… big… baseball bat” she said before falling on the door with a loud painful thump. Bambi came rushing next like she had just seen a ghost,

“Oh god!” she exclaimed, gasping. “I am so sorry! I thought you were a burglar!” she said, then dropped the bat into the floor, hitting Cynthia’s head in the process.

“Ow…” she groaned, Bambi gasped again. I snickered quietly at the scene before me.

“Why would you think my sister was a burglar?” Xenon asked, Cynthia and I became render speechless. Bambi opened her mouth to say something when her sentence was instantaneously cut off by a ring tone. We immediately knew that it was Xenon’s because it’s obviously not coming from ours.

“Hello?” I can hear their conversation through my ‘super werewolf’ hearing.

“Xenon” someone breathed,

“Yes?”

“You have to come home…” he trailed off, clearly catching his breath.

“Why?”

“There is a pack of females here and children. They clearly need help” he said, panting as he paused for suspense, “They said, they’re from the midst forest pack” he said.

I froze… my pack members. It can’t be.

Sorry if it's short. I'll try to upload soon :)