Our Eternal Bond

PLEASE READ!

So, here am I, starting another werewolf story. But this isn’t like any other, trust me.

 Kaya Scodelario – Danila Van Roxelle

Alex Pettyfer – Xenon David Zachary

 Prologue

Under the glory of the bright glowing moon, reiterated howls reverberate deep from the thick canopy forest, indicating the start of deadly battle. Whines, growls, whimpers, howls and the gentle rustling of the leaves mingled into a single symphony—the music of the war of the wolves.

A snow-white she-wolf with 6’5 height stood with supremacy, though her soft, delicate fur was stained by grime and blood—she showed no fear or pain through the long abrasions across her skin. The appearance of a true leader reflected through her austere expression. Her emerald green eyes glistened under the moonlight, reflecting brilliant and luminous beams through her glass-like eyes.

She cringed slightly as her nose twitched at the scent of lifeless bodies lying scattered on the ground, but then she remained firm on her feet. Another rogue with the fur color of auburn brown unleashed its vehemence and fearlessly attacked her, tackling her to the ground with a thud. A whimper of shock escaped her throat and they both rolled on the ground incessantly. She could determine that this was a female because of the feminine body her wolf composes.

The rogue rolled on top of her and swiped its paws and slashed her across the stomach—she fought back and bit down the wolf’s hind leg, hearing her whine in pain. Taking this as an opportunity, she rolled on top of her and pulled back her lips into a snarl. A tremendous growl erupted from her throat and her chest vibrated, concurrently. Her canines elongated and she harshly sank them upon the neck of her opponent, biting harder and hearing a snap—she still wasn’t satisfied. Pulling her head back, the rogue finally lay lifeless to the ground; blood trickled down the corner of her lips and stained her pure white teeth.

‘Danila!’ her father’s voice echoed through her mind, hearing him talk through their mind link. She tilted her wolf head to the side and tried to figure what was going on while she was busy battling on her own. Countless bodies laid on the ground, dispersed through several locations—lifeless. ‘Danila!’ his voice came again.

‘Father, what’s wrong?’

‘We have no chance of winning anymore’ came his answer; a hint of defeat shook his voice. ‘Take Bambi and go! Go somewhere safe’ he ordered,

‘NEVER!’ she bickered, shaking her head. ‘Never shall I back off from this battle! I am fighting for my pack, father! I cannot let them down’ she stood still, her paws digging on the damp soil.

‘There is still ho-‘her sentence was instantaneously cut off by her father.

‘There isn’t any more hope left, Danila’ her father’s voice trembled slightly. Danila was quite shock by his words, he never gave up—not even a single prospect. ‘We are weak—we have no more warriors. They killed all of the pack members-‘Danila cut him off,

‘What?’ she growled ‘What are you saying?!’

‘They have slaughtered most of the pack members, Danila….’ He trailed off ‘They have murdered your mother’. A whine escaped her throat and she howled at the moon to symbolize the sadness for their loss. ‘Listen’ her father said ‘Take Bambi and go to Dallas, Texas, do you understand? You’ll be safe there. I’ll hold them off as long as I can!’

Danila was about to protest when the link was abruptly disconnected by an unidentified reason. Knowing that something happened to her father, she complied. After all, she is still her alpha and she could never risk the life of her sister for her own pride.

She ran to the thick layer of trees, undetected. Her paws thudded against the soil as she ran in incredulous speed. Colors became a blur as if mashed together while she ran at a certain speed she never knew existed.

Running towards a small clearing, she shifted into her human form and set aside the vines that covered a small, wooden trap door and pulled it open, hearing it creak in protest.

The moonlight beamed through the hole, a child about 13 years cowered in the corner and tightened her grip on her knees as she feared of what had come for her and how they know where she was.

“Bambi?” her sister’s smooth, velvety voice called to her. She jumped from her seat cheerily and climbed up the hole through a small ladder. Jumping in her sister’s arms, she tackled her gently into the ground.

“We have to leave now” says she, snuggling her softly within her arms. Dusting herself, she grabbed her sister’s wrist gently and head towards north.

“Where are mom and dad? Aren’t they coming with us?” Bambi’s question felt like a knife plunged to her heart, sending a single tear to roll down her cheek. Danila stopped at her tracks and turned to face her sister. Crouching down to her level, she constrained her muscles to force a fake smile upon her face. Looking at her sister in the eye, a crystal tear strolled down her cheeks.

“They aren’t coming back” she told her truthfully, swallowing the lump on her throat

“But why?” her sister whined. Danila understood that her sister is too young to recognize things that are far from her grasp.

“You will soon know why” she answered “But don’t worry” she reassured her, regaining her posture and wiping away another tear that strolled down her cheeks “I am sure wherever they are—they are safe.” The last time she checked, she hasn’t cried since the 3rd grade. Her father had thought her about masking the expression of a future female alpha, she must remain stern and still to show the supremacy that  a true alpha must have.

She shifted into a wolf, hearing her bones crack and pop into place. Snow-white fur burst into skin and her head inclined on those of a wolf. She nudged Bambi, as if telling her to ride her back, and she was certainly happy to oblige. Seeming that Bambi was small compared to her massive size, Danila crouched down and picked Bambi up with her head and slid her gently behind her back.

The breeze blew and her fur swayed gracefully along. Her nose twitched to the scent that it had brought—the scent of burning wood and bodies engulfed over her face. Her wolf ears perked up without consent as she picked up the of huge crackling fire flames. And there’s only one thing that it may have caused, ‘They’re burning the pack house’ she thought, and a threatening growl escaped her throat.

The place where she grew up. The place where she had all the memorable occasions every year with the pack—her family. That place, is her home.

She began to tremble slightly with anger, those rogues had already taken everything away from her—why would they burn the only place that would bring great memories back from the past—only one thing, to kill them all and leave no single trace of evidence but ashes and cinders.

Bambi’s hand caressed her neck carefully and the shuddering eased slowly until she was finally able to calm herself down. There still is hope, she thought.

‘I am coming back for vengeance, a better and fiercer fighter than the last. Powerful, more responsible and simply stronger than before. That I solemnly swear’ with one last look back at the forest, she pumped her legs at full speed and decided to follow the orders of her deceased father—or if there by any hope, is he still alive and held capture by them? She doesn’t know, all that it is, they’ll soon know they’re disappearance among the corpses and will surely hunt them down.

Tell me what you think! Should I write some more? You’re ideas are welcome!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN! –If you aren’t—