Chapter 18

" I aint too hard to tell you how I feel."

AMorah

I tried to walk away, once again from Deandre before he pulled me back towards him. He looked down at me with a killer expression which made me horrified.

" Are you serious AMorah." He questioned.

" Yes Dre. Don't you recall telling me to move on and now that I've moved on it's a problem." I answered.

" You know I didn't mean that shit. Come on, everybody know I am a trip for you. I was just bugging and at that point I felt like I would have hurt you again." He spoked up.

" & you're still going to Dre. I'm happy where I am at." I said.

" I don't believe you." He mumbled.

" You should because you know I would have came back to you after you just asked, but I didn't. I'm finally happy and I'm at peace in my life. You and I both know that when we are together, that it isn't healthy. I will always love you because you are the father of my child and my first love, but I'm ready to let it all go. You deserve happiness as well and us being together isn't going to bring much of that. You don't trust me and I definitely don't trust you, so yeah." I answered.

" Whatever Princess." He said angrily as he began to storm away from everybody. I watched as he left and made my way towards everybody who gave me a stare.

" What's wrong with him." Addi asked.

" I'll tell you later, enjoy your reception." I told her. She smiled at me before she turned around and finished dance with Omari. I walked pass everybody with my head down and sat at the table by myself.

The talk with Dre just made me depressed because it hurts that he now realized what we had and how much of a women I was to him. It's just hard knowing that he's only like this because he cannot stand seeing me with somebody else.

" What's wrong baby." I heard my dad asked as he took a seat next to me.

" It's just Dre again." I answered.

" What did he do now." My dad questioned.

" He pulled me to the side to talk about us being together again and how he's wiling to fix things." I said. My dad hissed his teeth before he answered me.

" Are you going to give in Princess." My dad asked.

" Daddy no. I don't want to be with him anymore honestly. I like Dom a lot and he makes me happier than Dre ever did." I said truthfully.

" I know, I can tell he makes you happy because I haven't seen you depressed for a while." He answered.

" I love him daddy & I love Dre but not how I use too." I replied.

" I know you do, but just because you love somebody doesn't necessarily means that you have to be together. You can still love somebody from a distance. Don't put yourself back in that position because he just might hurt you again." My dad said.

" I'm not, it's just that I wanted us to work so bad daddy and now that's he trying, I'm just not up for it. I still don't want to see him with anybody else but I know that I can't be over protective of him anymore especially since I love somebody else and want to be with somebody else. " I answered.

" You're right babygirl. Just take your time and don't get side tracked by these men. Your main focus should be that little girl and you need to stay strong for her Ight." My dad replied.

" Thanks dad, I love you." I said as I gave  my dad a kiss on his cheeks.

" I love you too babygirl." My dad answered. I excused myself away from my dad & made my way inside of the house to check on A'draya. On my way inside of the house Addison pulled me by my arm.