Chapter 3: Soos' Mystery Shack-Part 1

The Mystery Shack. First day of Summer

-They're almost here. C'mon, dude, think about a way to tell them. This is serious.

Jesus "Soos" Altamirano Ramirez was nervous. And not entirely in good way. The so called "Mystery Twins", Dipper and Mabel were arriving back at the town of Gravity Falls. Two years have passed since they first visited Gravity Falls, and on that very summer they were already like family to him. And yet, he had the luck to greet them with bad news.

Walking around the living room of the modest shack, he was fiddling with the fez the man he saw as a father gave him two years ago.

-Soos? Are you okay? You look so distracted today- a feminine voice said behind him.

-Oh, uh, Melody! It's..huh, nothing!-Soos asserted nervously with an unconvincing smile on his face.

A rather awkward silence started, with Soos looking around while still fiddling with the fez in his hands.

Soos' fianceé, Melody, was concerned for his to be groom. Sure, it had been  a while since they were living on the Mystery Shack and it had been a little rough to get used to living together...with Abuelita nonetheless. But overall, they had been happy. The shack was small and modest, but Soos' energetic personality and child-like wonder never failed to put a smile on her face, and every night he was melancholic about Stan she was there for him. 

They had been happy so far. Or she wanted to think. 

Melody knew him to well. That concerned face of his meant it was something bigger than just eating the entire jam bottle in one meal.

-You su...

-Okay, it's totally something.

-Guessed so. It's ok, you can trust me. Now tell me, what is it?

-It's about Stan. He...

A knocking door interrupted them.

-Ah! The twins are here!- Soos said while jumping behind the couch. Melody decided to leave the wreck of nerves his fiancé was at this moment, and went to the front door.

-S'up, Melody.

-Good morning, Ms. Melody.

The duo of girls were coming together, but the difference between each couldn't be more pronounced. On the right side of the door there was a tall girl. Freckles covered her face, emphasizing the emerald green eyes that were noble but sharp like a needle. A red fiery hair was resting on her back, complementing her beautiful yet athletic figure. An air of casual confidence irradiated through her.

 At the other side, there was a younger and shorter teenager. Blonde, long hair covered her back down to the hip, that was curved with an air of sassiness. If the redhead was modest with a flannel shirt and jeans, this girl was much more fashionable. Her honey eyes were covered in make up on big amounts, the same as the rest of her face, and her body was garbed in a purple dress with black leggins that ended on brown, furry boots. Big earrings hanged from her ears, and her face had quite an attitude of vanity.

-Oh! Wendy! Pacifica! Welcome! Soos, you can come out, they're just the girls-

-So, have Dipper and Mabel already arrived?-Asked Wendy

-No, the bus haven't arrived.

-Typical of the public bus service. I never had that issues in the manor-Said Pacifica rather dissappointed.

-Oh, that's not it, Pacifica.- said Melody- The traffic from California  to Oregon can be troublesome at this time of the year. Guess you're eager to see the twins, aren't you?