Chapter 23: Perfect Disaster

It had been about three weeks since I'd met Miranda, then had her stolen away because of that douche-bag Marcus. That was in the past though, and I knew I needed to move on. It was easier said than done though.

Today was the premiere of the By Now video and the guys came over to celebrate, like we always did when our videos premiered. I'd been feeling a bit better since Miranda and my harsh end. Well the end that was over before it began.

It was getting on 5:30, so I ordered the pizza, and sat on my beige suede couch. I turned on the music channel on my 52" flat screen Sharp.

I heard a knock at the door, and got up to answer it.

"Hey Bennie," Ian greeted my dog before greeting me, "Oh and hey Ramsay!"

Matt and Mike came in after him, Matt playfully punching my arm and Mike messing up my hair. I quickly shook it and its blonde and blueness back into shape.

"Yo!" I said, trying my best to shake off the mood I'd been stuck in for the past little while. Today would be fun. It would be a good chance to hang out with the guys and just relax.

"Drinks, ladies?" I joked, then the pizza man came. I paid him, grabbed some drinks and sat down with the guys.

Matt was talking about him and Adrianna, when I came back to the couch.

"Yeah man, she's great, and she kills it on guitar! She's frickin' awesome!" he beamed.

"Any mention of Miranda?" Ian asked.

"She said she's coping, but still thinks Josh's an idiot for leaving her for Carrie. Sorry dude, Ian asked," Matt answered, looking at me.

That hit me harder than I was expecting.

"I know, I was a jerk letting a girl like her get away," I admitted. I wanted to tell them the story, but I knew it was too risky. Matt and Adrianna were too close, and if it got out about Marcus I knew there'd be trouble.

"Anyways, I don't want to talk about it," I said.

"And coming up next we have the premiere for the By Now video, by Canadian band, Marianas Trench," adressed the tv.

"This is it! Good luck guys!" Matt exclaimed nervously. I was super nervous too. All we wanted was a chart topping video.

We cheered once the video finished. It turned out frickin' awesome! It should be interesting to see what the fans think. I checked my Twitter page to see the result.

"Best video EVA #By Now."

"Wow, it all makes sense now. Great video guys, I'm a proud Trencher #By Now"

The comments just kept flowing in. I showed the guys the tweets, it felt great to have such an amazing response from the fans.

"Cool!" Ian fist pumped the air.

We just chilled for the next little while, and played some video games.

At around 8, we wanted some snacks, so we drew straws for who would go to the convenience store.

"Ramsay got the shortest straw!" said Casselman, stating the verdict.

Accepting my fate, I got up, grabbed my keys.

"Later, yo."

*Miranda's POV*

"So date night tonight huh?" Adrianna teased over the phone.

"I'm putting you on speaker, I have to get dressed," I told her. I got into a knee length black dress.

"So tell me all about the lucky guy!"

"Well, his name's David, I met him at work. He's nice," I tried to sound convincing, but I knew someone else already had my heart. This was just my sad attempt to get over Josh.

"That's it?" she asked, a bit evasively.

"Well, he's in school to become a mechanic," I stated, flatly. I was looking through my jewellery box for a necklace to wear.

Sensing my lack of enthusiasm over David, Adrianna changed the subject. "So did you see the premiere for By Now? Oh wait, sorry I shouldn't have said that."

"Yeah, I did. Don't worry about it," I admitted. I had to watch it, even though it broke my heart, "You must be proud of Matt."

"I am, he's such a sweetheart, definitely a keeper that one. We're going to a Simple Plan concert tomorrow night." I could sense her smile over the phone.

I decided on my locket and key necklace. Just as I was about to put it on, I dropped it and the locket popped open. I saw a something white that was folded up inside it. I picked it up and opened it up.

"I gotta go! Bye Adrianna!" I quickly hung up the phone to investigate.

Inside the locket was a note that said:

"~M,

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe ;)

Okay, so I lied about taking this to show management, but I wanted a creative way to ask you out, and I had to keep up my rep as a creative genius.

But seriously, you're unlike any girl I've ever met, and baby, you light up my world ;)

Let me be your perfect disaster.

~J"

I smiled at the note, amongst my tears, what a cheesy, but adorable thing to do.

And that's when I decided to break it.

Break it meaning break off the date with David. I was going to get my true man back, one way or another. It was worth a shot.

I called David, telling him I was sorry but I had to cancel. He took it relatively well. It'd probably be awkward with him at work now, but I had more important things to worry about.

I gave myself a mental pep talk, then I nervously typed Josh's number into my phone, pressed call, and waited for the ring.