Chapter 18: Please Just Follow Me

*Miranda's POV*

Josh and I made our way down the familiar narrow staircase, from earlier, to the laundry room, to wash his shirt, well Matt's shirt.

"Tag, you're it!" he screamed, whizzing past me, once we got down to second flight of stairs.

Not wanting to break any (or all of) my bones, I took my black pumps off. I was super clumsy, and high heels plus running down stairs was never a good combination.

Luckily, from my many years of Track and Field training in the 100m dash, I knew I could take him.

"You should know what you're up against before initiating a game of tag!" I called out just behind him. Then tapped him on the shoulder, before tearing past him, "Tag!"

We were both laughing and having one heck of a time. By following the signs, I made it to the laundry room and stood in the doorway, waiting for Mr. Not-So-Speedy Pants, with my arms crossed.

He came by a few moments later, breathing heavily, "but how?" he said between breaths.

"Track," was all I had to say, and he nodded.

He smiled and hugged me from behind.

I decided to tackle the endeavour of the laundry machine.

"Shirt please," I said holding out my hand. He took it off over his head and handed me the sopping wet shirt.

"Gee, thanks," I said, sarcastically, and trying not to stare at the fact he was shirtless. I poured some fabric softener and detergent into the washing machine, and set the dial to "Quick Wash."

He laughed, "I'm going find the showers, now. Try not to flood the place!" He left, and I watched him strut down the hall towards the men's bathroom.

Realizing how sticky my clothes were, I grabbed an extra shirt I saw, while in the dressing room. That way I could wear that while waiting to wash my real clothes.

I shut the door to the laundry room, and changed into the shirt. It was a white superhero shirt, with a black logo. The shirt was an extra large, so it went to my knees, like a dress. It'd be perfect for the time being.

I threw my clothes into the washing machine, and pulled the dial to turn the machine on.

The washing was going to take a bit, as was Josh in the shower, so I decided to take advantage of the little stereo I saw in the laundry room.

I plugged my phone in, and started blaring "Perfect."

"What you want, what you need has been kiiiilling me! Try to be everything that you want me to be!" I belted out, while dancing around in my newly acquired T-shirt and pumps.

I knew I didn't have a great voice, like Adrianna, but I didn't care.

I carried on like this for about twenty minutes, choosing songs here and there, mainly Marianas Trench ones. I was having a blast, just rocking out to some of my favourite tunes.

All the Myself came on next in my belt out and dance party for one:

"Did you say please just follow me, I thought you wanted me, cause I want you all to myself, I can try and suck it up, I just can't suck it up, make me feel..."

I heard the laundry door squeak open
and saw Josh running by in slow motion- just like the video. He was all Mr. Cleanpants now, and smelled like minty body wash. His hair was damp, but styled almost perfectly to the side.  He was laughing mischievously which made me giggle and I chased after him in slow motion as well. 

After a slow motion lap or two around the hallways, we arrived back in the laundry room. Fully planning on continuing my personal dance party, I shouted, "Dance with me!" over the music, pulling Josh by his tie.

He did some crazy moves, and we were laughing while spinning around. Everything was perfect.

Then all of a sudden, I felt something foamy around my feet.

"Ramsay, look," I said, nervously.

We looked down at the floor and there were bubbles everywhere! The washing machine was overflowing like a volcano. I must've put way too much detergent in the machine.

I quickly opened the washing machine and put the clothes in the dryer.

He shrugged, and continued twirling me around. So here we were, dancing through a sea of bubbles, not a care in the world.

At the end of my playlist, I decided we should probably face the music (when it's dire!) and clean the mess up. I pulled away from him, then grabbed the clothes from the dryer.

"I'll call the custodians down, they can fix the mess," he whispered, covering the end of the receiver, "Nice shirt by the way. It seems today is the day of stealing Josh's shirt." He smiled.

"Yes, we have a incident here in the laundry room"... "Yes we need an attendant" ... "The washing machine overflowed with bubbles"... "Yes that's it, thanks man," then he hung up the phone.

"That was fun, you've got some good moves, Ramsay," I complimented.

"You mean like these?" And he started dancing spastically all the way down the hall.

I caught up with him, and grabbed his hand, as we made our way back upstairs to the backstage room. I held my clothes, and Matt's shirt in the other arm. I hadn't felt this happy in a really long time.