Chapter 11: Making Me Beg

*Josh's POV*

I knew I couldn't keep the girl waiting too long, but I mean I also didn't want to look desperate. If playing hard to get is what I'm accused of, then I'm guilty as charged *insert wink here*

When our eyes met, my stomach was doing somersaults. Her grey-blue eyes pierced into mine, and it was everything I could do to look away, so it didn't look like I was staring, even though it probably did. I mentally face-palmed myself. So much for being smooth, Ramsay, I thought.

She looked like a rockstar, let alone myself. Here I am wearing one of Matt's sporty shirts that's probably damaging my rockstar cred, trying to impress a girl I'd just made amazing eye-contact with. I was thankful for the shirt, don't get me wrong, but still, I'd rather be wearing my own. That damn Casselman!

She was wearing a killer leather jacket with some stripy something-rather. A dress, shirt, tunic, okay not a tunic, but something like that. She also had black leggings and some black high heels on. She looked great.

When I first saw her, her back was turned. She was giggling with another girl, her dark brown curls bouncing with every bubbly laugh. She was someone you wanted to get to know better, even though you don't even know her name yet.

"Josh? Josh!" Phoebe snapped her finger in front of my face.

"Sorry!" I responded, realizing I was lost in a day dream about that girl.

"And then..." she started.

"Oh! My story. Okay so then Matt came to rescue me and gave me this," I pointed to the shirt that Matt donated to me. He was probably never getting this back, it was pretty comfortable.

"Nice!" she laughed. "So, that girl back there, huh?"

"Yeah, what about her?" I asked, trying to play it cool. I knew Phoebe could read me like a book so there was no point in me even trying to cover it up, but I did anyways.

"Oh Joshua," she shook her head jokingly, "you better go back there before she forgets about you."

Hmm, she was probably right, but I decided to milk it a little longer.

I made my way out from the back hallway to another backroom. I took a seat on a comfortable leather couch and started discussing my vocal range with the opening band.

I took a swig from my water between conversations, when I saw a pair of familiar grey-blue eyes glancing my way.

*Miranda's POV*

I tapped Adrianna, and whispered, "Look he's in there."

We'd been stealthily peering over at him for at least the past ten minutes while he talked to Phoebe. It sounds creepy, but hey. We were standing on the balcony outside, on this beautiful warm summer evening.

"I'm really sorry about him," Phoebe said when she passed by Adrianna and I, "he said he had a story to tell me, and that he needed to tell it 'right now' even though I told him you girls were waiting."

Phoebe was really nice, and talked to us like she'd known us forever, she was one of those types of people.

"Personally, I think he's just playing hard to get," she winked at me, and walked off.

My stomach nearly flipped out of my body when she said that.

Well he sure liked to make me beg, yes he liked it, he liked to make me beg, he did.

"See? I told you he'd come for you," Adrianna winked and pointed at the tall blonde and blue haired stud making his way over to us, with a captivating smile, like no other, on his face.