Chapter 19: Seeing Double

"You're back!" Adrianna greeted me and Josh with a group hug, "You were gone for almost an hour!"

Josh and I looked and each other and laughed at our inside joke. Our dance scenario must've gone on longer than we thought.

She looked me up and down and said, "what's up with the attire?" I guess it did look a little sketchy that I came back wearing one of Josh's shirts and my heels.

"It's a long story, but come with me and I'll tell you," I said, kissing Josh on the cheek and telling him I'd be back soon.

Adrianna and I went back to the bathroom, so I could change back into my clothes, and fill her in on the latest gossip. Just as we were about to go in, we were greeted by a familiar sneer, who was coming out of the bathroom. Ugh, it was Carrie, I thought she'd gone home. She breezed past us, and didn't even hold the door. She was so rude. I tried not to let her bother me, and was determined to not let her ruin my time here.

*Josh's POV*

"Here, man, all hot off the press," I said giving Matt his shirt.

"You washed this, man? Is that was took you almost an hour and resulted in all the janitors rushing to the basement?" Matt asked me, looking intrigued.

"Well, technically it was Miranda, who flooded the place with bubbles," I admitted, between sips of my Coke Zero that Carrie brought me earlier, and went on to tell him the rest of Miranda and my experience down there. It made me smile, I felt so happy and free when I was with her.

"Sounds like fun," he said. Matt then told me about how he sang with Adrianna. Looks like I'd missed a frickin' awesome jam session, but I wouldn't trade it for my dance bubble-infested party with Miranda.

We talked for a bit man-to-man, then I started feeling a little woozy.

"Woah, man, are you okay?" Matt asked concerned. I started seeing double Matt's. It was pretty frickin' weird.

"Yeah, I'm just going to the dudes' room," I explained, covering my mouth. I thought I was going to throw up.

On my way to the bathroom, I was feeling even worse. I was pretty sure I was going in the wrong way to the bathroom. I couldn't tell who was who, and my head was spinning.

"Oh Josh, you look awful, are you okay?" a sickly sweet voice asked me. I swear the last thing I saw before I passed out was a familiar face; one that I was hoping to forget.