Chapter 3: Rescued

*Miranda's POV*

"Hi, Vicky. This is Miranda calling, when you get this message please call me back, I need some help at the coffee shop." Vicky was my last hope, I called nearly everyone who's number was in the café's employee directory to come help me out at work, but no such luck.

I looked up at the clock again, like I'd been doing practically every five seconds. Sighing, I watched as the seconds bringing me closer to the concert I was going to miss, ticked by. It was now 1:30, the concert started at 7:30 and I knew I still had a whole afternoon to get through.

There was a lull in the flow of customers so I took that opportunity to call auto aid about unlocking the keys from my car.

After a couple of rings, I was greeted with, "Hello you've reached auto assistance, how may we be of assistance?"

I quickly explained my unfortunate situation and they said that it was common and easy fix. Phew! Maybe this day from hell is finally starting to look up.

"And what is your name?" the rep on the phone asked.

"Miranda Tyler."

"Miranda?" the voice perked up.

"Yeah, that's right," Wait...I thought I recognized the voice. "Nathan is that you?"

"Yes it's me!" he exclaimed.

Nathan was one of my best friends from high-school. We talked all the time, even though he was busy at Engineering school as I was at Medical school and with my new job. I couldn't believe that I didn't recognize his voice sooner, we talked all the time.

"What are you doing working at here?" I asked him.

"Just helping my sister a bit over the summer. It gets really busy with travellers during the summer months, and she needed a hand," he answered, then continued with, "You must be excited for tonight!"

Nathan agreed to be Adrianna and my chauffeur to the concert, even though he didn't have tickets.

"I am, but I don't know if I can come." I explained the situation to him.

"But you HAVE TO!" he ordered, "Because guess what? I got a ticket too!"

"You did! That's gre- I gotta go, see you later!" I hung up the phone quickly as I saw my saviour coming from the distance.

"VICKY!!!" I called out with a huge smile on my face

"Hey Darlin'," she addressed me. She was about fifty five and wore a bit too much makeup, but she was a total sweetheart.

"Thank you so much for coming!"

"No problem, I just got your message. Now go! You've been talking about this concert for the past two months. I don't want you missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime! I can handle the shop," she smiled.

"Aww really? Thank you so much Vicky! I'll forever owe you!" I hugged her, grabbed my purse and made my way towards the exit of the mall.

I pushed the last, large silver and glass double door of the mall to freedom.

Marianas Trench here I come! Well, as soon as I get my keys that are locked in my car that is.