Chapter 1: A Spilled Drink

I own no rights to the band, Josh Ramsay, Matt Webb, Mike Ayley, Ian Casselman, Meghan Edwards, Phoebe Dykstra or Darla Taylor. I also do not own any rights to the locations, companies, stores, or brands mentioned in my story. The characters of Miranda, Jeanne, Nathan and Adrianna are fictional, although Nathan and Adrianna are partially based off my two best friends. The characters Vicky, Carrie, David and Marcus are 100% fictional. Hope you enjoy my story!

---------------------------------------------

Tick. Tick. Tick. I looked up at the clock, seemingly mocking me with its slow moving hands.

It showed me the all too early 11:37am, meaning I still had five excruciating hours, 23 lengthy minutes and 15 seconds of work before I could get out of this place for the weekend.

I impatiently tapped my fingers topped with blue/black magnetic nail polish to the beat of Masterpiece Theatre I, thinking about the perfect lyrics to illustrate my day; first it comes on quiet, creeping slow- Slow being the key word of course, although though there would be the occasional rush of customers. I suppose at some point people need to get their daily dose of caffeine from the café in the centre of the mall, in which I worked at.

I just couldn't stop thinking about my night to come. Being excited about something always made the wait seem that much longer. I couldn't believe that-

"Can I have a medium vanilla latté please?" a middle aged man asked of me, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Uhh yeah sure," realizing my lack of enthusiasm I quickly gave an "I mean yes, sir, that'll be $2.65," with a forced smile and forced eye contact. I didn't want to lose my job here, I'd only been working since the beginning of the summer and it was only mid-July.

I went over to the cupboard, pulled out the necessary ingredients to make the latté and started mixing. There was an awkward silence between me and the man, so I asked him how his day was. He went on to tell me about his son's soccer game and how him and his family were celebrating the win later tonight. He then returned the favour asking about my day.

"To be honest, I've had the day from hell," I started. Once I started talking it was hard to stop, I had so much to say and I was the only one working at the coffee stand, "first I lock my keys in my car, which I still need to call auto assistance about, then I get to work supposedly taking the afternoon off when I find out my boss called in sick. So now I have to work late."

The man was kind enough to listen to me ramble on. Then I realized there was all of a sudden a huge line up of people waiting to order, and it started to get noisy.

"So not only am I working a double shift, I'm also going to be super rushed and probably not even make it to one of my favourite band's concerts," I shouted over the large crowd waiting to be served.

I quickly took some more orders and realized I forget the vanilla shot in the latté so continued making the man's drink.

Ugh Miranda at this rate you'll have a line of a million people, I thought to myself. Oh well, they'll just have to wait.

"Who are you going to see?" the man asked.

"Marianas Trench, they're amazing!" I grinned like a child at Christmas.

"Can I have a medium coconut frappé with please?" the next customer asked.

"That'll be $3.45," I quickly took the next customer's money without even looking at them, while continuing to focus on the vanilla latté.

I started mixing the next drink, "So anyways they're a great band, you'd probably know some of their songs, and I have backstage passes! My best friend Adrianna and I are going to meet the band."

I handed the middle aged man the latté, apologized for the wait while handing him his drink, and continued rambling on:

"It's funny because she loves Matt Webb the lead guitarist and I love Josh Ramsay the lead singer. We've planned out everything we're going to say to make the perfect impression!" I giggled.

"What kind of milk do you want in the coconut frappé?" I asked the customer, with my back turned.

There was a laugh, then a puzzled, "What do mean what kind of milk? I thought it was always just one kind of milk in the fraps, unless you mean like breast milk or something as a special of the day." He laughed.

I felt my face turning red, I couldn't help but giggle.

"No, the other options are skim, 1%, 2% and," I opened the mini fridge, and peered in, "coconut milk, and soy milk. Take your pick."

"Hmm, what would you recommend?" the guy asked.

"How about coconut milk, it's the closest one for me to get."

He laughed, "Okay then coconut milk it is."

I added the ice, and turned on the blender slowly adding the other ingredients.

"So Josh Ramsay from Marianas Trench huh? I heard he's a babe," he stated. I could practically envision eyebrows moving up and down. I suppose he heard my other conversation.

I laughed, "Yeah, I love him, and the band, they're all great. Now if I could get my stupid keys out of the car I could actually get there on time," I sighed frustratedly.

The blender stopped, meaning the frappé was ready and I turned around finally.

I pivoted around and next thing I new I was face to face with....

A spilled drink.

"Ugh darn," I muttered to myself. Way to screw up infront of a huge line of impatient people.

"Sorry about that, I've been having the day from hell," I told him, as I looked down at the mess below me.

"Don't worry about it, it's cool man."

I heard a ringtone and he must've walked off, because once I finished cleaning his spilled frappé, he was gone.

Well that's one unhappy customer to add to the list of my day from hell, I thought to myself.

This day just keeps getting better and better, I thought as I faced the monstrous line of people with a sigh.