Chapter 2: The Endeavour

(Change in point of view)

"Where the hell are you, man? We've been waiting to do our pre-show practice and we kind of need our lead singer!" Matt spat into my ear on the other end of the phone.

"What time...." I pulled the phone away from my ear to check the time.

"Josh! You were supposed to be here to practice an hour ago!" Matt continued.

"I'm sorry, I got side-tracked. I was looking for some new threads to wear for tonight's show and I'm exhausted from my lack of sleep last night. So I went to get a-" he cut me off, Matt must be annoyed.

"I don't need the play-by-play, please just come quickly, we need you bro."

Way to tug on my heartstrings Matt. "Okay I'm on my way, but I'm dying for something to drink. Want me to grab you and the guys something, from the coffee shop as well?"

"Sure, I'll have a double double," Matt answered. I heard some muffling and movement in the background.

"Iced cappuccino for me, RAMSAY!" Ian yelled into the phone.

"Okay and for Mike?" I asked.

"He says he wants you to get your ass over here," Ian replied. I could tell he was smirking on the other end of the phone.

"Okay Mike, suit yourself," I answered. Just as I was about to hang up and I heard a cry of desperation and then "Iced latté for me and a sprinkled donut. Thanks, honey!" Oh Mike, what are we gonna do with him. I smiled.

"Later," I said and hung up the phone, while smiling and shaking my head in disbelief of just how crazy my band mates were.

I went to the coffee shop that was on the way out of the mall where I parked.

Luckily, I was wearing a grey hoodie with the hood up, so I could go unnoticed by fans and get out of the mall quickly- or so I thought.

"Hi, how may I help you?" the girl at the cash addressed me. She was probably about 16 with brown eyes and dark brown hair.

"O-M-G! Are you Josh Ramsay?!!" she squealed so loudly, it was a sound I thought only dogs could hear.

Damn, so close yet so far. I'd yet to be recognized today, I should've known it was too good to be true to be able to have a fast shop.

"No, I'm the Easter Bunny," I laughed. "Just kidding, yes c'est moi!" I said in my best French accent.

She squealed again. Gosh this girl needs a mute button, and fast.

"Can I order a medium Iced latte, a sprinkled donut, a medium double double, a medium Iced capp and a freakin' huge coffee," I said, "Actually make that a freakin' huge ICED coffee, I could do with a cold drink."

She just stared at me.

I uncomfortably shifted my weight from foot to foot. I don't know what was worse, her squealing or her creepy silence.

"Do you want me to sing it for you or something?" I joked, breaking the silence.

"YES!" she answered. Oh great, what have I just signed myself up for?

"If I sing it, will you make it quickly please? I'm kind of in a hurry."

"Sure! But can I get a picture with you afterwards?" she practically begged me.

"Deal." I shook her hand, which made her even more giddy, then sang my order.

She had the biggest smile I've ever seen. Well that's one thing I like about my career- that I can make others happy, even if I'm late for practice and have three impatient guys waiting for me.

After I sang my order to the tune of Cross My Heart, she made me my drinks. Thankfully she handed them to me quickly, then came around the counter to get a picture.

I put my arm around her and smiled for the picture. Usually I'd do some kind of goofy face but I wasn't in the mood today, maybe I would be once I quenched my ongoing thirst and woke up a bit.

She snapped the picture, and thanked me as I walked out the door.

On the way out I dared to check my phone for the time. It was 12:23, meaning that little endeavour set me back almost a half hour from when I called the guys.

Ugh they're going to kill me, I'm so late! Oh wait, I'm bringing them caffeine so I shall live to see another day.

I smirked at the thought and made my way to my car.