Chapter 21: Marcus

*Josh's POV*

~The Next Morning~

Once upon a time, I awoke, in a strange place.

My head was spinning, my throat was dry and I felt as if I was in a daze.

I partially opened my eyes, and noticed the sun peering in from a large bay window. I felt around beside me, and discovered I was in a large four poster bed with rough sheets. I closed my eyes again, in an attempt to clear my pounding headache. That's when I overhead a conversation through the wall.

"Look Marcus, I did what you wanted. I drugged his Coke, I lured him to leave with me, I drove here with a learner's permit, I might add, almost killing someone, what else do you want from me?" a high-pitched voice begged, but it was muffled through the bedroom wall. And for the record, chick, it was Coke Zero! Damn, people just can't get that right.

"You're learning, little sis, I'm proud of you," the man, who I assume was Marcus, sneered, "now there's one last thing I want you to do."

"What? I'm so done with doing you favours! I thought at first it'd be fun to get back at that little bitch who Josh was hanging out with, but this has gone too far! I don't want you hurting him!" she said, raising her voice.

"Tell him to stay away from her, or else," he directed, "And take this."

"I won't do it," the girl said.

"Then I guess I'll have to take matters into my own hands! You're a disappointment, Carrie," he shouted. Carrie. That name sounded familiar.

That's when I heard a gunshot go off, and come spiralling through the bedroom wall.

I attempted to get up, and loosen my red skinny tie. This was not an easy thing to do, especially with my pounding head.

Then all of a sudden, bedroom door swung open.

"Where do you think you're going Ramsay?" Marcus shouted. He grabbed me by the collar, and pushed me up against the wall, causing a big gash on my forehead. I felt a gun at my side.

"Listen, you're going to stay away from her, or else. Trust me, if I so much as see you talking to her, I will blow your head off," he whispered harshly in my ear. Ugh my head was killing me. "If that's not enough to scare you, I have connections with 604 Records. I'll find a way to ruin you. GOT THAT?"

I nodded, and he put a blindfold around me, threw me in his car, and dropped me off at a donut shop.

I tried to pull myself together, and went to the bathroom there to clean myself up.

I looked in the mirror. I was a complete mess. There was blood all over my head, my shirt was half untucked, and blood-stained. I had dark circles under my eyes, and my hair was going in every direction.

I leaned over the sink, and washed my face. Then tucked my shirt in, trying to look somewhat presentable. Once I'd done everything I could do, I went out and ordered a chocolate donut and a coffee. The cashier stared at me with wide eyes and told me I should probably go to the hospital. She was probably right, so I called a cab from the landline and they took me there.

Who knew Miranda had such a psycho ex-boyfriend. I knew I shouldn't have let myself fall for her, she was too good to be true. I had gotten myself and my band into a huge mess because of my poor judgement. Come on, Ramsay, you're always the screw up. The tears started brimming in my eyes. How the hell was I going to get out of this one?