Chapter 8: Mikey

*Matt's POV*

I hesitantly walked into the backstage room. I found it pretty awkward to just jump into other people's conversations, so I usually waited for people to approach me. I was first greeted with a gasp by one of the girls there. I saw as she tapped her friend anxiously on the arm, and saw her mouth, "Look there's Matt."

I noticed they diverted their attention to me, from formerly talking to Jeanne. I quickly came to the conclusion that one of the girls must be Miranda and the others, her friends.

The girls quickly approached me. The one who gasped, opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out. Then she sort of smiled at me, embarrassedly. She must've been nervous, but hey, I was just a regular guy, and consider myself to be really down to earth. I just happened to be a rockstar, but I didn't let it get to my head.

"Don't mind her, this is just my crazy friend Miranda. I'm Adrianna," her friend shook my hand and smiled.

Hmm, crazy huh? She didn't know crazy until she met Josh. He was frickin' INSANE at times, I'm not gonna lie. Mike just texted me that he had just jumped on Ian backstage. Who knows what that was about.

"I'm Matt."

"I know," Adrianna smiled at me. This girl seemed to be so sure of herself and was completely cool, calm and collected. I could definitely say that was a quality I liked in a girl.

"Can you sign my poster, please?" Miranda said, hesitating, but starting to get less and less nervous.

I obliged and quickly signed my name beside my picture, wait, by Mike's picture, damn!

"Nice one," Adrianna looked at me, as if she just read my mind. "I guess I should start calling you Mike. Or do you prefer Mikey?" she teased, putting air quotes around the "Mikey." This girl was not only chill, she was also sarcastic and funny.

"Hey Mikey, mind if we get a picture with you?" Adrianna asked and winked at me.

"Yeah sure, on one condition, you find me a new nickname," I suggested, "Mike'll kill me if he finds out I have his nickname."

"Hmm, guess we're not getting a picture then," she teased, starting to walk off.

"Wait!" I called out, grabbing her arm lightly.

She turned around and smiled slyly.

"Ready for your close up then?" she asked.

I smiled, put my arm around her and Miranda and snapped a picture.

"Oh look, Mike's here!" Miranda said excitedly with a big smile on her face, "I'm going to meet him!"

She strolled off, leaving me and Adrianna to chit chat for a bit.

"Here, let me get you a drink. Any requests?" I asked Adrianna.

"Surprise me," she directed.

I walked over to the bar and grabbed her a Coke that I poured into a red plastic cup.

When I came back she said, "What? No beer?"

"I, uh well, uh," I stuttered, rubbing the back of my neck, nervously.

"It's fine, I'm just kidding with you. I would've picked Coke anyways. It's way better than Pepsi," she slapped me playfully on the arm.

"I agree!" then she high-fived me. It made me laugh.

We continued talking for a bit, until I was interrupted by a vibration from my phone.

"Sorry, one sec, I just have to check this," I explained to her. She seemed cool with it.

The text read: "Houston we have a problem, there's a young male around the age of 28, wandering around shirtless because some IDIOT named Casselman decided to steal his clothing in an attempt to be able to ogle at the victim's sexy body. That perve! Any help or donations would be greatly appreciated, PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU! - Josh"

This is exactly what I meant by crazy.

He really was the master of bad timing. Here I am getting along with this great girl and I'm interrupted by one of Josh's crisis. Oh well, it should be funny to hear his story about it, and I could always come back to Adrianna.

"I'm sorry, I have to go, but I promise I'll be back!" I told her.

"Okay, I'll be here, somewhere," she said.

"Over the rainbow?" I added. We both laughed, then I walked off.