Chapter 7: Desperate Measures

"That was AMAZING!" Nathan beamed, once the show ended and the band took their final bow.

"It really was great! And guess what, Adrianna, we get to go meet them now!" I held up the backstage passes which were a smooth fabric material with a picture of the band dressed as toys.

I was freaking out about meeting them on the inside, and trying not to show it on the outside.

"Okay, text me when you guys are done, I'll come pick you up," Nathan said.

"Aww I'm sorry you can't come too, Nathan," I apologized.

"Wait- who can't come?" I heard a familiar, kind hearted voice. It was Jeanne.

"My friend Nathan here, he got tickets last minute and we didn't ask you for a pass in time," I explained to her.

"Don't worry about it, come on, dear," Jeanne motioned to Nathan, "we'll get you backstage, just stick with me."

Nathan had a huge smile on his face, well we all did. This was great, all three of us get to meet one of our favourite bands!

We went up to a security guard who told us to wait here and that they'd be escorting us backstage shortly. We mingled with some of the other backstage-goers and before we knew it, it was time to go backstage.

We were led up a wide staircase into a main area side-stage.

I spotted an attractive guy probably around my age who smiled at me. I then realized it was the guy from the opening band. I stood there like a deer in the headlights, trying to get Adrianna's attention, and gasped. He continued looking at me and sort of chuckled at my reaction, as he walked by with the rest of his band.

Well that was embarrassing!

"Did you want me for something?" Adrianna responded, a little too late.

"That guy over there, he was from the opening band," I motioned in his direction. I then went on to explain my reaction.

She laughed, and managed to get the words, "you. fangirled. over. the. opening. band?" between laughs.

"Heeeey! Stop laughing!" I hit her arm playfully.

"Hey, you two, stop fighting and be nice to each other! You don't want to be all bruised for the guys of Marianas Trench do you?" Nathan joked. We all laughed.

We were led up an extremely narrow, beige staircase. With every step my adrenaline was increasing more and more.

When we got to the level where the back room was, the security guard there said, "Passes?"

Adrianna and I showed ours. But oh crap, Nathan didn't have one. I started to panic a bit. We'd come so close, I didn't want his journey to end here!

Luckily Jeanne was close behind and said, "We're all family, don't worry about it." She winked at us and we kept walking with the crowd of about twenty people. Technically we were all family friends, but it was close enough.

Phew! Saved!

I stopped abruptly when we reached the backstage room.

"Holy crap guys! This is it!" I exclaimed, nervously.

"Don't worry, this'll go great!" Adrianna said, warmly. She was always sure of herself, a trait I wish I had.

We took one more step, and found ourselves in a relatively small room. It wasn't any bigger than an average style classroom, and just as bleak. It was just an ordinary room, with grey walls. Although, I knew it'd become extraordinary when the "guests of honour" arrived!

There was a bar style area with free drinks, including anything from beer to pop to water. I didn't want a drink at first, but I ended up stealing Nathan's pop. I also saw a big ping pong table, and a door leading to an outside balcony.

There were also three leather couches surrounding a table with nachos on it and a TV on a stand in front.

"Yum! I could do with some nachos!" Adrianna exclaimed, excitedly, "Want some?" She said between mouthfuls. I shook my head, I was far too nervous to eat. I sipped Nathan's pop instead.

I heard a squeaky door open and gasped....

*Josh's POV*

~Meanwhile~

"Ian! Where the hell's my extra shirt that I packed?" I demanded, wandering around backstage shirtless until I could find that goddamn shirt. We were always sweaty after a show, and liked to change before meeting fans backstage.

"Oh, you mean this one?" he pointed at the shirt he was wearing, and moved his eyebrows up and down. It was a bright blue shirt that had a hand on it that said "High Five."

"Give me that!" I ordered and jumped on his back.

"Hey man! Get off!" he laughed.

"Give me my shirt back and I will," I laughed as well.

"Really?" Mike joined in, "I leave you two for five minutes and come back to THIS!" He was laughing too.

"Ian stole my shirt," I whined jokingly.

"He started it," Ian continued with my joke.

Mike just shook his head and walked away. I could tell he was still laughing.

"Here," Ian said, accepting my victory, and handing me the shirt.

"Thank you!" I pumped my fist in the air, signifying my victory. One point Ramsay, zero points Casselman.

"Ewww! It's all sweaty, dude!" I threw the shirt back at him in disgust.

Ian laughed. "Guess I have a shirt to wear then," he smirked. Make that one point Casselman, zero points Ramsay. Ian put the shirt back on, and made his way back to the backstage room where Mike was headed earlier.

I continued desperately searching backstage for something, anything, to wear.