I Now Pronounce You Husband and Wife

It was a little under an hour before the wedding was scheduled to begin and everything was in full swing. There was chaos in Olivia's room as everyone was running around getting ready and Lizzie was reminding everyone of the time every five minutes. Everyone was dressed except for Olivia who opted to wait as long as she could before putting her dress on in case she needed to run to the bathroom. Her hair was done and styled in a modest updo with a white flower pinned to the side. Her makeup was simple as well. After arguing with Lizzie and Casey for ten minutes about it, she insisted that she did not want to walk down the aisle looking like a person that Elliot didn't recognize.

In spite of all the noise and commotion around her, she managed to find a quiet spot on a wall length bench in the bedroom and found herself overlooking the beach. The crashing of the waves and the stillness of the atmosphere matched her serene feeling. After not sleeping the night before in anticipation, she was shocked at how peaceful she was. She didn't have the slightest bit of nerves and she mindlessly played with her engagement ring while watching the preparations for the ceremony on the sand below.

"Hey what are you thinking about over here?" Maureen asked sitting beside her.

"Nothing actually. Just taking it all in," she responded wistfully.

"Good for you. If I could give you any advice it would be for you and dad to just take some time together throughout the day to take it all in. It all goes by so fast, trust me."

"We will."

They sat quietly for a few instants before Olivia stole a glance at Maureen who was now watching the beach as well.

"You're thinking about her aren't you?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah," she said sadly. "She would've loved to be a part of all this. I think that's partly why Lizzie is in drill sergeant mode. She's trying to take Kathleen's place or something because that would've definitely been her role if she was here," she laughed.

"Oh yeah I'm sure," Olivia agreed.

"Were you thinking about your mom?"

"Yeah a little. I don't even know if she would've wanted to be here with how everything was with me and her and the drinking of course but I think she would've liked your dad. She would've been a little slow to admit it but I think she would've." They squeezed hands briefly both silently willing the other not to cry.

"Ok ladies we are now almost within the 30 minute window for the ceremony to start," Lizzie announced.

"Thank you Miss Time Keeper," Maureen responded rolling her eyes.

"Anyway. Liv we need to be getting you in your dress soon," she said pointing to the sleeveless chiffon dress with the sweetheart neckline that hung on the back of the ensuite bathroom door. Olivia knew it was the right gown for her the second she saw it in the bridal shop. It was A-line so it didn't hug her bump and the material was light, flowy and perfect for the beach. It was simple and classic, just like her ring.

"Liv, you good?" Casey asked sensing her hesitation.

"Yeah," she responded simply.

"Well I know you are not a traditional girl but humor me here for a second," Casey said reaching for a small box. "We need to get you something borrowed, blue, old and new. I have a few things here."

"I have old and new covered. My engagement ring is new and El's Semper Fi medal he gave me is old." Lizzie was listening to the conversation and almost shuddered in horror. "Umm Liv, not to be a buzzkill because I know that necklace is really important to you but you absolutely cannot wear that with this gown. It would look all wrong."