Second in Command

Three Weeks Later

Elliot and Olivia had settled into a nice rhythm over the next few weeks. They spent all of their time together when she wasn't at work. Olivia also went out for lunch and shopping with Maureen and Lizzie one Saturday afternoon while the boys went to Dickie's apartment to help do renovations.

Elliot had been out of town for the past week back in DC for another training class and she was taking the time to finally study for the Lieutenant's exam. The exam was in another two weeks and she was kicking herself that she waited until the last minute to study but she didn't regret all of the quality time that her and Elliot were spending together alone and with the children.

Casey, Alex and Melinda had been bugging her for weeks to get together for lunch. They had plans before but she rescheduled when she caught a case that kept her occupied for a few days. Now her time was up and she was on her way to meet them at one of Alex's favorite Italian restaurants for an early dinner. She was running late trying to look somewhat presentable and get rid of the bags under her eyes from days at work and late night study sessions but nothing seemed to work. Running out of options, she pulled up to the restaurant thirty minutes late and was met with anxious stares.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," she apologized shuffling into the booth next to Melinda. "Have you guys ordered yet?"

"Not food just a few cocktails while we waited ever so patiently," Alex said taking a sip of her drink.

"You look like hell," Casey added eyeing her suspiciously.

"Well gee thanks Case. I missed you too."

"I expected to see you all bright eyed and bushy tailed since you have loverboy at your house full time now," Melinda joked.

"Well loverboy as you call him has been in DC for the past week so I've been up until all hours of the night trying to study for the Lieutenant's exam."

"Ahhh. Well I feel like as friends we should ask you about this exam and your plans for the squad which we would've done at the beginning of this conversation but you are already thirty minutes late," Casey said.

"So we have to get right to the good stuff," Alex added.

"Oh please like you guys were really going to do fluff and small talk," Olivia rolled her eyes. "Can I at least order before we get down to business? I'm starving."

"Sure," Melinda said motioning for the waitress to come over.

After they ordered their food and Olivia joined in with a cocktail the conversation was in full swing.

"So how is Stabler in bed?" Casey asked clearly affected by her drinks and they all started giggling. "Oh come on Liv give us something."

"I will say this. The man still looks damn good after all these years. Hell almost even better. He's definitely looking a lot more....relaxed," Melinda said lifting her eyebrow suggestively towards Olivia and she blushed.

"Olivia Benson I do believe you are blushing."

"Liv this is your last chance to say something or we will just keep going and it's only going to get more embarrassing," Casey offered.

"Next up is me commenting on that extra sway in your hips and pep in your step and we all know what brings that on," Melinda said leaning in at the table like she was spilling a secret and they all erupted in laughter.

"Yep we do..nothing but some good di—"

"Ok ok. My goodness," Olivia said holding her hands up in defeat effectively interrupting Casey.