The Best Day

As much as she tried, Olivia didn't get much sleep. Pure adrenaline and anticipation took over and at 2am she gave up and kept herself busy with plans for the day. Ironically, Elliot slept like a log after she made it clear he would be getting no sex and they should save it for the honeymoon night. After several jabs about the jig being up while pointing to her pregnant belly, he eventually took no for an answer and drifted off to sleep. To keep herself occupied, Olivia went through her suitcase to make sure everything was in there including some ridiculously expensive bridal lingerie that Alex purchased for her that she insisted she wear on her wedding night.

She checked in on Noah who was sleeping soundly and thought back to Elliot's words to him a few hours ago. She was trying to save face and act as if she hadn't been snooping when Elliot walked out of the nursery a few minutes after but her tear stained eyes gave her away. She held him close and wanted to thank him for how much he loved her son and all the beautiful things he said but felt that there were no words she could think of that could express how she was feeling so her silence said it all.

As she moved about her apartment that she once bought with Cassidy she thought about just how ironic life truly was. It wasn't just her that had gone through so many changes and had life turn on its axis but Noah too. She nestled the copy of the name change form in her hand and laughed to herself. The boy that was once called "Baby Boy Doe" because he had no name now had four names. Noah Porter Benson Stabler. It seemed ridiculous for such a little boy to have so many names and Elliot questioned her about it but for her it was simple. Porter represented his biological mother and she never wanted to exclude him from that familial connection to her despite their brief time together. Olivia felt a sense of pride at having a child that bore her name so getting rid of Benson wasn't an option for her therefore they decided to have Porter and Benson as his two middle names and of course Stabler as his last. A name that would soon be her own.

It was only 4:30am when Olivia heard Noah stirring in his crib and whimpering. He usually didn't wake up until 7am so apparently he was just as excited as she was.

"Well hello there, what are you doing up so early little man?" she cooed to the little boy. He was bright eyed and wide-awake as opposed to being a little sleepy like she expected him to be. They were scheduled to get on the road pretty early so it helped that he wouldn't be cranky when she had to wake him up but hoped he would fall back asleep on the road trip.

"You must be excited too hunh? Well today is a very important day for you and mommy. Today we become Stablers and everyone is going to be there to celebrate with us. Your grandpa and your uncles and aunts and your crazy sisters and brothers," she said with a laugh. "So many people Noah who love us and wish us the best. We are going to have the best day," she said rocking him back and forth with happy tears streaming down her cheek.

"Yes we are," Elliot rasped from the doorway. He wrapped his arms around both of them and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "It's going to be one of the best days of our lives Liv."

After two hours of preparation including showers (separately since she was sure that Elliot wouldn't behave), breakfast and loading up the car, they were on the road to his mom's beach house.

Olivia stole glances at Elliot who was grinning while he drove and his happiness was infectious. She figured now was as good a time as any to tell him what she was thinking and was hoping it wouldn't ruin the mood.

"El?" she asked tentatively.

"Yeeeees," he dragged out in a playful tone.

"I want to talk to you about something and I don't want you to get upset."

He turned to her anxiously and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Are you cancelling the wedding or the adoption?" he asked seriously.