Chapter 7: A Father's Confession

Zacznij od początku

"I'm really glad I told you" Becca leaned in and hugged me. Being able to be friends with Becca was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, it's always good to have a someone to talk to. I couldn't wait till Jayden got here. Becca got up when we heard a knock  at the door. Jackson walked in and smiled.

"She's all your's." Becca winked at me and left.

Jackson sat down on the bed next to me. "So? How'd it go?"

"Good, Becca and I got along great, how'd it go with the rogues?" Jackson stretched like it was no big deal.

"They fled as soon as they caught sight of me." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Wow, you sure got a big ego huh?"

Jackson smirked "Very" I rolled my eyes and stood up to finish putting some pictures of my family on top of my dresser. Jackson grabbed my hand and pulled me back, causing me to fall on his lap. "You know, we didn't finish what we started earlier" My breath hitched as he began to trail kisses down my neck. I looked at him noticing his eyes had darkened, I shivered as his teeth grazed my skin, teasing me, I tilted my head to the side, exposing more of my neck. His canines extended and I felt them pierce through my skin. I gasped as I felt a slight pain which was quickly replaced with a feeling of pleasure as my whole body buzzed with excitement. Jackson withdrew his canines and kissed the place which he had just marked. I smiled and turned to face him. "Sophie, I'm sorry again, for everything."  I nodded and leaned in to kiss him.

"I know." Jackson and I continued to kiss until I heard my cell phone ring. I sighed breaking the kiss and got up to see who it was. Jackson looked at me curiously.

"It's my dad." 

"Hey sweetheart, I hope I'm not bothering you."

"Not at all daddy, what's up?"

"Well I'd rather say it to your face, you think we could talk through skype?"

"Sure, I'll be on in a minute"

I got my laptop out and set it on my desk. My father had sounded worried on the phone. What could possibly be going on? What if someone in the Pack was hurt? Clicking the Skype button I logged in as I sat down in front of the desk. Jackson sat beside me in the other chair as we waited for  the program to finish loading.

"I'm sure it's going to be Ok." I had forgotten that Jackson and I could now tell what the other was feeling. I nodded and clicked my father's name to video chat him. It rung twice before he finally answered. "Hi daddy." I waved at him and Jackson did the same.

"Hey, it's so nice to see you both" My dad cleared his throat before beginning to speak again, "Sophie, I have a confession to make." I glanced worryingly at Jackson.

"ok, what is it about?"  

"It's about your mother Sophie. I never really told you the whole truth about her." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Your mother was the daughter of a very powerful Nightwalker" I stared at him in shock as my brain tried to process what he had just said.

"What?" That couldn't be possible. Night-walkers were thought to be extinct. There was two types of wolves, Werewolves, who camoflauged as humans and Nightwalkers which were barbarian wolf beasts. Night-walkers were the ancestors of werewolves, it's where we first originated. Night-walkers didn't know how to keep their humanity, they were violent and ruthless killers. Eventually the Night-walkers ended up killing themselves off. Though it's believed few Night-walkers changed their way of living. They practiced the art of magic until they were able to shift into a human form as a disguise. They made up rules to form pack's and treaties to keep peace amongst themselves. Eventually they became more human which helped them get rid of their savage ways. 

"Sophie, I've been wanting to tell you this, you're a rare kind of wolf and I'm sorry I kept the secret to myself, but time simply got the best of me. You two cannot tell anybody about what I just said. If someone finds out that you're  part night-walker, they will do everything in their power to awaken that side of you"

Jackson moved closer to me, "What will happen? If her Nightwalker blood is awakened?"

My father looked away from the screen. "She'll lose herself in the power and Death will follow wherever she goes."

Chad's P.O.V

Serena handed me a small bottle with clear purple liquid inside of it. "Make sure she drinks this by sun down in three days."

I stared at the bottle, "What is it?"

"You'll find out soon enough," Serena stood up from the booth we were sitting in. "Oh, and if you fail to do as I ask, your lovely Isabella will suffer the consequences."

I clenched my jaw and slipped the bottle into my pocket. "I wont fail you." 

"Now that's a good boy, I always knew you would turn out better than that brother of yours." Serena patted my shoulder before leaving, the dark shadows that always seem to follow her dissipated. What have I gotten myself into?

____________________

Let me know what you think! Comment below

:)