Phil snorted. "Yeah fucking right, high school parties are bad enough. Imagine the damage a college one can cause. There's gonna be, drugs and liquor and horny adults."

"Well, it's not like we're gonna stay and join them." Ellie said, and Phil shot him a withering look that made him backtrack. "Okay, well, no promises on Chris or Grayson's behalf, but I can keep myself under control. Besides, I have a girlfriend now." He said that like it was the Holy Grail of excuses and would immediately make him trustworthy. Phil doubted it.

He didn't think he'd ever even seen a university in real life, let alone been inside one while there was music and booze flowing. It was a good opportunity for them, to spread their sound in as many different scenes as possible. The Blue Room had been an experience, but this was a different level of playing, and it was unlikely they wouldn't take it. Despite the funk they'd been in recently; hell, they needed the practice, if anything.

"'Kay, I'll do it," Phil said, ignoring Elliot's fist pump of excitement. "But if better not be left on my own the whole time while you all make every bad decision there is."

"Of course not, me and you will be stuck at the waist, promise," Elliot said, but Phil didn't take those words to heart. "Okay, so Chris says were gonna have to practice beforehand, like, a lot and he wanted..."

Phil zoned out at the point, staring blankly at the paper and less than enthusiastic about Chris's new labor regime for them before the show. He'd focus on that when the time came, but right now, he had other things in his mind.

He was actually nervous about this. Truth be told, he didn't know what to expect. Playing for their school, for other parties, seemed a much easier deal, because he knew what he was getting into. He knew what those kids liked and how they would react, and he knew what to do if things went south. But this was new territory. These were college kids, older and more experienced than all four of them put together.

Sure, they were all gonna be drunk, and they honestly weren't too far off from any other high schooler, but it was still scary. The Blue Room has been terrifying, but that was a much more controlled environment, and he hasn't felt unsafe or anything. There was just no telling what would happen this time.

The bell rang then, cutting off Elliot and his raving about this 'all new level of awesomeness us puny wannabes' and signaling the start of the lesson.

Phil was a fairly good student, if he had to say. And by fairly, he was barely getting by with passing grades. Physics was a torture beyond explanation, so he didn't really count his failing grade in that, but all of his other classes he managed at least decent marks.

He just had a short attention span, and the tendency to drift off at the wrong moment. And the overall lack of participation that kept him from catching up on any missed work or studying too hard for tests.

And he was smart, just not in an explicitly academic way. He didn't think knowing random animal facts and having memorized the entire first four pages of the third Harry Potter book were considered genius level.

He got by, and that was all that mattered.

So it wasn't too much of a surprise when his professor handed him back a quiz from last week with a large '62%' written across the top in red ink. He bit his lip and stared at it in dismay before folding it and stuff in it into his binder.