*I Forgot*7

{ Trey}

It was officially the start of summer vacation. I should be happy, right? Why am I so sad. Well, that wasn't really a question. I know why I'm sad.

 I made some stupid mistakes. I should have never snuck out to see William. Now look at me. I just found out my best friend is moving away and I won't be able to see him off. Not like he wanted me to anyway. Hell. I didn't even know he was leaving.

I can't do this. I can't just let him walk out of my life after everything we've been through. I can't leave things like this. I have to get closure.

A final good bye.

 Something.

But how? I'm grounded. There's no way Seth is letting me out. I messed up big time. Even if I let him hear me out, I know him. I'll be right back at square one. So then there's no other way. I have to sneak out.

It wasn't going to be easy. My room is on the side of the house, directly next to Seth's. And when I say the walls are thin...

I causally walked out into the hall, trying to see where he was. No sign of him in the living room. But, even so, the front door wouldn't be an option. It was practically older than the house and creaked so loud and so horrible it would be impossible to slip out un-noticed. Maybe I could try the kitchen door.

Turning the corner, I ran dead into Seth. He grunted and tried to keep his balance. After his face cleared of the disoriented expression, it sobered into a soft, more sad one. I didn't like it. This wasn't Seth. Seth was never like this. Am I the cause of another person's mental break?

"Why are you out of your room?" He questioned. Quickly, his face was hard and voice stern. He was really hung up on the grounded thing. I fear for my future nieces and newphews.

"Just grabbing a restroom. I mean peeing a snack. I mean!"I stumbled over my words. Why couldn't I come up with a proper lie. Grabbing a restroom. Dam, Trey, just pull the trigger yourself, why don't you.

"Go to your room." He said without missing a beat. He pointed to the door of my room.

"UH!BUT I STILL HAVE TO BAKE THE FLOOR! I MEAN~~"

"Wash the brownies, I know, I know!" He rolled his eyes and personally lead me back to my room. Fvck. I'd just have to take my chances with the window.

[Keith]

My arms hurt. It felt like I'd been packing and moving boxes all afternoon- and I had. Ambrose just left, not that he helped out too much. But I can't say I didn't enjoy his constant complaining.

Mom had already set off with the rented moving van to our new house. I would be riding with Dad in our car that held only a few boxes in the trunk and the back seat. We actually should have left about 5 minutes ago, but dad decided we should wait a little longer. I didn't know why. I was ready as ever to leave my life here behind. I sort of fancy the idea of completely starting over next year. Ambie was still going to come visit me, and I him. Everything would change, but why would that be a bad thing.

"Ugh, Dad. Can we go now?" I complained. I just didn't see the reason to wait around any longer. All my sentimental value driven admiring had already taken place hours ago. There are no more emotional attachments here.

I heard him sigh from beside me. He was seated in the front seat of the car, but insisted I stay outside. Why? Who friggin' knows. "Ok, fine. We'll go..." he said reluctantly.

I nodded and walked behind the car only to catch a glimpse of a running a figure bolting towards me.

     Trey.

He stood in front of me. I didn't know what to do. My first mind was to ignore him, but how could I? He'd run all the way here, just to see me off. Even though I didn't even tell him I was leaving. I resolved that I should at least give him the time of day...Two minutes, He ahs two minutes

"Hi." I say, not even meeting his eyes. I leaned on the back of the car that day hadn't even bothered to start up. Figures.

"Hi." He replied, breathlessly before leaning beside me on the car. I didn't move away, though a small part of me wanted to. But instead I remained cordial. I was going to be friendly. He didn't deserve his last memory of me to be the absolute shit fest I sorta want it to be.

"Who know? Last summer would be our last summer together." he said, probably just saying the first thing that came to mind to fill the air.

I took about 30 seconds to answer, "Yeah...if I did, I would have spent more time with you." It was honest, at least. Of course, it wasn't the first thing I  had thought to say.

"There's a lot I would have done differently..."

My chest tightened. I immediately thought about the whole thing with Willam and the being ignored and...all my anger...all my pain...all my hatred for Trey at the time. I felt it all in one blow. I expected it to surge back and completely consume me in this moment, but I was surprised to find that the only emotion that washed over me was my hurt. My small moments of self pity, and the little piece of the old me that just wanted things to go back to how they were...the piece of me that was stubborn Keith , but the lonely Keith. And lonely Keith wanted his  best friend back.

"Ok. Ok. I can't...do this, anymore. Ok, I can't...pretend like none of the shit that's been happening hasn't while I sit here and talk to you like nothing went wrong, Ok. Because something did go wrong, Trey. Look, today's my last day here. I don't want to leave with out my clearing my conscience...I get it. I missed my chance, I realize that I missed my chance. Now I know how I feel, but you've moved on...and it's ok! Or...or at least it will be.

"I don't want to be that jealous, home wrecker friend. I don't want to be that Lisa in your Shoey fanfiction type relationship because I'm not a Lisa...I'm a Keykey. I'm your best friend. I want you to be happy. Willam makes you happy so be with him. I swear to God, I am your biggest supporter, and I need you to know that. I was jealous of Willam, but how could I be? Sure, it was fucked up what you did, I guess I see why. You look so full of life with him, I haven't seen you like that in a while. So, I'm going to let you go. It's time for us to end. I can't give you what he can. " I stopped talking shortly just to laugh at myself." Fuck, man. You have me sounding like a girl. But. I love you and. Uh. I. I gotta go."

I had to get to the car before I'd said anything else. That part of me was slowly diminishing and I could feel the weight of those feelings being lifted...only to be replaced by the bad ones. I was so close to suddenly switching gears and unleashing all the hate for him leaving me. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. Now that I have told him about that, I feel even more burdened to tell him the negative part. I can't even relish in the good aspect of letting these feelings go because so many horrible ones follow it.

No. Maybe it is better. Those may very well be the last words I speak to him. At least they were kind.

At least they were kind.

[Trey]

"And just where the hell have you been?" Roared Seth as I trudged back into the house through the front door. He was pissed. But I couldn't bring myself to care. He'd called himself Keykey. For once. But also, for last. He'd also said he was letting me go. Letting me go? The hell did that mean? Was he confirming that we weren't friends anymore? Was this the end? And I couldn't bring myself to even waved goodbye as I watched the car roll out of sight. Hell, I watched the car go down the road long after I could no longer see the tail lights. I'm really surprised I made it to the house at all.

"Well?" He questioned, harshly.

I couldn't do it. I cracked under the pressure. Too much for one night. In an instant, I felt my face contort into an ugly scowl and I cried. Really hard. And without hesitation, or thought, I wrapped my arms around Seth. He stood there stiffly but, I could care less. I wanted to care less about everything.

"Can you get mad at me later?Please. I don't feel like it." I said through sobs. Seth awkwardly rubbed my back, trying to be comforting, but I know he was confused and caught off guard. But at least he tried.

***I forgot what it means to be human, I forgot what feelings to hide.***