Chapter 14: See You Again

{the fact that the author found her old Wp password and was able to log back in fills you with determination!! Yes, I was logged out and I thought it was the end. But I found my old password and logged back in! Let the story continue!!!!}
{Chara}
"Mom, when can we see the place that's being built? The construction is making a lot of noise and I'm so excited!" Asriel asked.
"The final procedures are very close to being finished, from what your father tells me about the Royal Scientist. To be quite honest, though, son, I haven't seen the scientist at all since we hired him. I believe he lives in Snowdin, just on the outskirts of the kingdom."
"Yeah...I remember that place! Snowdin...." I said. The family seemed to have warmed up a little more towards me. And my hair, which seems to have fixed itself. Now it was short, wavy and neat, not as scruffy-looking.
"Yes! Then you do remember, don't you. Alright, children, it is getting quite late, I think it's time for you two to go to sleep." Mom said to us, picking us up in her arms, as we fought playfully, finally ending with her reading us ten facts about snails from her book as we fell asleep.
It's his birthday tonight, Chara.
Wish him a happy birthday before it's too late, Chara.
I woke up to see that Asriel left his bed and the door to our room was wide open. The air smelled like warm cinnamon. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I felt like I was forgetting....something. Ah, I'll remember later.
Sitting at the table was Asriel, eating a pancake.
"Oh, howdy, Chara! I was gonna wake you up for pancakes, but mom said to let you sleep." He said with his mouth full. He then leaned in quietly to me and whispered, "hey, wanna go see the CORE today? That's what all the construction was on."
"Did mom say it was okay?" I asked quietly.
He gave me a smug look.
"She doesn't have to know..."

And agreeing with him was my first huge mistake.