Chapter Thirty-Seven | Adjusting

|Granny's, Two Days Later|

Belle and Gold had taken the Charming's idea of hosting a naming ceremony at Granny's for their new daughter. They invited the entire Hood-Mills family, the entire Charming family, Killian, Mulan, Dorothy, and Merida. Ruby was already at the restaurant, but Granny gave her the night off so she could celebrate with Belle and not have to work.

Ruby shouted to get everyone's attention and everyone focused on Belle and Gold.

"I couldn't ask for a better group of friends," Belle began. "It's a miracle I'm even holding my daughter right now and it's only thanks to Regina, Emma, and Dorothy that we still have her. I know you guys made sacrifices to keep her safe and I could never ask for anything more from any of you. And Meg, I promise that this town will learn to love you as much as it will Rumple and I's daughter. ...And on that note, I am proud to introduce you all to Evelyn Mae Gold."

Everyone cheered when Belle announced the name of Baby Gold. As the night went on, Belle found herself passing off Evelyn to many people who wanted to hold her. Even Meg came up and asked if she could hold the infant and thanked Belle for not holding a grudge because of who her mother was.

|The Asylum, Three Days Later|

The door to the asylum opened and the lady at the desk looked up, surprised to see Regina and a teenager she didn't recognize. Regina never checked on anyone in the asylum just because she had some free time.

"I need to see my sister."

The woman nodded. "You know where she's at."

Regina led Meg down the hall and opened the door to Zelena's cell. The former Queen stepped in first and Meg hesitantly followed. Zelena stood up when they arrived and she was instantly confused. "What is Megaera doing here?"

"She's your daughter," Regina answered. "Did you think we let what Hades did to
Megan go?"

Zelena shrugged. "Why wouldn't you?"

"Because she's also Robin's daughter and I'm not one to judge based on parents. ...But I'm also not one to keep parents from their children because I know very well what that feels like."

Meg shily stepped out from behind Regina and met her mother's eyes. "H-Hi."

"...Megan?"

Meg nodded. "It's me."

Zelena pulled her daughter into a hug and Regina felt a bitter taste rising in her mouth, but she swallowed it down and forced herself to think what it had been like when the Charmings had kept Henry from her.

"I can't believe it's really you," Zelena muttered. "You... you're perfect. Perfectly... wicked.

Meg backed up and bumped into Regina. "N-No. I don't want to be wicked."

"Oh, but it's in your blood, my dear."

"No! I don't want to be like you! I don't want to be a villain."

"You already are."

"NO!" Meg shouted and the lights flickered.

Regina stepped between Meg and Zelena. She turned to face the former fury. "Go back to the main part of the hospital." Meg nodded and left the room.  Regina then turned back to Zelena. "What is your plan?"

"To get Meg on my side. I'm her mother, I have rights!"

"Maybe you should start by not trying to convince her that she's wicked."