Chapter Thirty | Three Wishes

|The Throne Room|

Hades lowered his sword from Regina's throat and turned to his wife. "And what makes you say that?"

"Zeus has allowed me to ask three things of you as a punishment for what you've done. They can be anything as long as you are physically able to make them happen. If you don't do what I ask of you, I will become the one and only ruler of the Underworld and you will be banished to Tartarus."

Hades didn't even seem to consider the alternative of being tossed into Tartarus. "Fine. Make your requests and make them fast."

Persephone smiled. "My first request is that you restore Elysium and send everyone who you have kept from Elysium there now. No more judging people wrongly or just because they have cheated death."

Hades' impatient expression quickly turned to one that was horrified. "How...?"

"How do I know about Elysium?" Persephone finished. "I've heard legends, my dear husband. And do you honestly expect me to believe that the Fields of Asphodel is what heroes are supposed to get after death? It's so boring and gloomy. No, you must restore Elysium.

"My second request is that you allow the same number of those who have come down here to leave and whoever else you may have promised them.

"And my final request is that you throw Zelena and Arthur into Tartarus for their crimes while they were alive. If you fail to do these things, don't doubt that Zeus will find out." Persephone disappeared and Hades stepped back from Regina.

"No..." he muttered. Without Hades doing anything, the cells all unlocked and Hades' prisoners were released.

Mary Margaret rushed over to David while Emma ran to Henry. When Emma stood up and saw Neal, she was almost positive her heart skipped a beat and her breathing stopped.

"...N-Neal?"

"Emma."

Neal was going to respect the fact that Emma had another boyfriend now, but Emma ran over to Neal and wrapped her arms around him, a smile growing on her face. "I can't believe I'm actually seeing you again!"

Neal hugged Emma back. "I missed you, Emma."

Emma felt tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "I missed you too." She pulled away and looked into Neal's eyes. "I missed you so much."

"Well obviously not too much," Neal gestured to Killian, who was talking to Liam.

Emma rolled her eyes and let out a small laugh. "Oh, shut up. I can still miss you even if I'm dating Killian now."

"Well I'm glad you found your Tallahassee."

Emma's smile turned sad. "I don't think I want to call it Tallahassee unless you're there. It doesn't feel right."

"Then call it whatever you'd like. I'm glad you found it."

Hades interrupted Emma and Neal's reunion. "In the first group that came down here, there were seven people. In the second group, there were four. You may only choose eleven people to go back to the Overworld with you. Quick note: Pregnant women count as two people, pets and any other animals count as one person. Any questions?"

"Twelve people," Emma corrected. "When we first got here, you told us we could take someone who hadn't cheated death back with us."

Hades rolled his eyes. "Fine, you may take twelve people back to the Overworld. Decide quickly, I have things to do thanks to Persephone."

Emma turned to the group. "My parents, Henry, Regina, Robin, Killian, and I is seven people. Gold and Belle makes nine. Three spots left."

"Two," Belle corrected.

Emma raised an eyebrow.

Belle sighed. "I'm...pregnant. That means I count as two people."

Neal and Regina both looked at Gold, who was looking at Belle.

"How long have you known?"

Belle's voice got quiet. "A week after you guys left. That was why I came down here in the first place, to tell you. But then you told me you were the Dark One again and...and I wasn't quite ready to trust you."

Emma looked around at the group of people left. Out of Ruby, Mulan, Dorothy, Neal, Liam, and Cora, only two could go back to Storybrooke. Emma wanted to be selfish and say Neal and Liam were going, but Dorothy hadn't even died yet and that wouldn't be fair to her.

"I'll stay behind," Liam volunteered. "I saw my brother again and that's all I really wanted. Don't bring me back with you."

Neal nodded in agreement. "I don't need to go back to Storybrooke either. I got to see Henry, Emma, and my dad one last time."

Cora glanced at her daughter and knew that Regina would not appreciate it if she kept someone else from going back to their home. "Don't take me with either. No one wants me there. Take someone who Storybrooke will accept."

"I'll stay too," Dorothy said. "Take Mulan and Ruby back."

"No," Ruby argued. "You haven't died! I died twice, fair and square. I'll stay behind."

Dorothy shook her head. "I have nothing to go back to. If you have something - or someone - to live for, go back to Storybrooke. I insist."

Ruby nodded. "Thank you."

Regina turned to see Merlin standing next to her. "It's time to go back  home," he said.

"Say your goodbyes," Regina told everyone. "We leave in five minutes."

Five minutes later, the group going back to Storybrooke was clearly separated from the group staying behind. There wasn't a single person who wasn't crying as they watched their loved one's face before they left or watched their loved one leave.

Merlin nodded and Regina held both of her palms up. Light shot out of them and surrounded the group that was Storybrooke-bound. Mary Margaret and David held tight to each other. Emma held onto Killian's arm and waved a final goodbye to Neal and Liam. Gold had his arms wrapped around Belle as he watched his son's face fade from view. Henry didn't take his eyes off of his dad until the light cut him out of sight. Ruby shouted a final "thank you," to Dorothy for letting her be the one to go back to Storybrooke.

Above them all, Megaera watched with tears blurring her vision as the group left for the Overworld. They hadn't even recognized her. Hades must have been right, they really did hate her just for the things she couldn't control.