Chapter Fifteen | David's Evil Twin

|The Fields of Asphodel|

No one brought up the fact that only three people could leave Asphodel until the group was back at Granny's. Graham turned back to face them before they entered through the back door. "Which three of you are going?"

Emma glanced from Mary Margaret to David and then to Liam. "I...uh..."

"Liam deserves to go find Killian," Mary Margaret interrupted. "I can stay behind."

"No, I couldn't separate you from your daughter," Liam argued. "I will stay behind."

Mary Margaret opened her mouth to reply, but she was cut off by a voice that sounded exactly like David's, except it didn't come from David's mouth.

"Hello, brother."

David narrowed his eyes. "James."

|The Labyrinth|

After the portal to Tartarus closed, the Apprentice turned to Henry and Neal. "If they emerge from Tartarus, it will be in the Fields of Asphodel. I can send you there, but I only have enough magic to transport two people. However, Hades's magic is stronger than mine, so I cannot transport Zelena or Killian because Hades has sealed them in the center of the Labyrinth."

Henry glanced up at his dad. "Considering Cora and Mr. Gold both broke my mom's trust, I don't think she'd react very well to seeing them right after she gets out of Tartarus, so do you want to come with?"

Neal nodded. "Okay."

The Apprentice waved his hand and the two vanished, leaving no trace that they had ever been there.

|The Fields of Asphodel|

"I thought your name was James?" Graham asked.

David shook his head, "My name was always David. King George made me pretend to be James after the real James died."

James pulled out a sword. "So I've heard. This lovely girl named Megaera told me all about what happened after my death."

"The one we led to that restaurant?" Emma glanced back at Graham, who shrugged.

James ignored Emma. "So I have come to duel my brother. We shall see who the real James is!"

David stepped back. "I don't want to fight you. You can be the real James if you'd like."

"No! We will battle!"

David glanced back at Graham. "Do you happen to have a sword in Granny's?"

Graham shook his head, "Afraid not."

Megaera appeared between David and James in a cloud of smoke. She handed a sword to David and smiled. "Hope you two have fun!" With that, she disappeared just as quickly as she had appeared.

David had just enough time to raise his sword before James lunged at him. Above the clash of metal on metal, David shouted out to Mary Margaret, "Snow! Take Emma and Liam out to the Fields of Punishment with you! I'll hold off James!"

David slashed at his twin's arm and made a cut small enough to only make James stutter for a split second. David took his chance and looked back at his wife, "I'll see you again. Go!"

Mary Margaret felt tears sting at the edge of her eyes. As much as she didn't want to leave David, someone needed to stay behind and the other three needed to leave as soon as possible. "I'll find you again. I will always find you."

David nodded once and spun back around to continue his duel with James. Mary Margaret grabbed Emma's arm and Liam followed them through the back door of Granny's, the sound of clashing swords loud enough to still be heard.

"Here is where I leave you," Graham said.

Emma wrapped her arms tightly around him. "We'll be back for David. I'll see you again."

"I hope so," Graham muttered. He placed a soft kiss on Emma's cheek, "Now go find your boyfriend."

Emma nodded and brushed a tear away from her eye. "Goodbye, Graham."

"Goodbye Emma."

The blonde turned her back on Graham and followed her mother and Liam out into the Fields of Punishment. As soon as the door to Granny's swung shut, a blinding yellow light lit up Granny's. When it faded, Graham was standing across from two people who had just appeared. One was Henry, Regina's kid, and the other was a man Graham had never seen before.

"Would you happen to know if we're in the Fields of Asphodel?" The man asked.

"Yes, the main Fields are through the back door. Except David is dueling his twin brother right now."

The man glanced down at Henry. "Do you think he needs help?"

"No, but I think we should go see him."

The man nodded before turning to face Graham again. "Would you mind taking us to David? My name is Neal, by the way."

"I can do that," Graham agreed. "Follow me."

|The Fields of Punishment|

Emma, Mary Margaret, and Liam stepped through the door to Granny's and out into the now-crowded streets of the Fields of Punishment.

"We need a plan," Liam said. "And preferably somewhere safer to plan. Any ideas?"

"My apartment," Mary Margaret muttered. "There's bound to be an Underworld version of it. ...We just have to get there first."