Chapter Four | It's Not Easy Being Dead

|The Underworld|

Emma, Mary Margaret, and David watched as the group leaving to find Robin left as the first dead person emerged from a building. Emma looked to her parents, "Keep your heads down, we don't want to draw accidental attention."

The three walked in the opposite direction from Regina's group, heading towards the Underworld Granny's. Where else was there to start besides the most well known restaurant in Storybroooke?

David opened the door and was shocked to see that every seat was full. Emma looked in over his shoulder and decided it was safe to go in, so she shoved past her dad and entered the restaurant.

"Who are you?" A man asked. Behind Emma, Mary Margaret gasped.

The man looked back at Mary Margaret, "You're Ruby's friend!"

She nodded, "And you're Peter."

|Oz|

Dorothy stepped down from where she had been standing as the fake Wizard of Oz. "Long time no see. Where've you been for the past thirty years?"

"Far away," was the only answer Zelena provided. "Why did you come back?"

"Because I realized an all-powerful witch couldn't be defeated by a bucket of water. I'm not stupid, Witch. When I returned seventeen years ago, I found the sisterhood of witches. They told me you had banished Glinda before leaving Oz yourself for a land called Misthaven. I spent a week with them before they offered me your position among the sisterhood. And for the past seventeen years, I've been stuck in my twenty-four-year-old self's body waiting for your return. And you're finally here."

"You mean you haven't been aging for the past seventeen years?"

Dorothy shook her head. "Once I joined the Sisterhood, I stopped aging. Soon after, I went searching for this place, hoping you'd be here plotting your revenge. But you weren't, so I've waited. And I am so very lucky I happened to be here today. Because after all this time, you have finally returned to Oz!"

"Yeah, well I don't plan on staying."

"Of course you're not staying." In one swift move, Dorothy pulled a sword out of a sheath Zelena hadn't noticed was around her waist and held the point against Zelena's neck. "You're headed straight for the Underworld."

|The Underworld|

Emma looked around to get a better look at the people in the room. She recognized a few of them when she looked closer, but many of them she had never seen before. Though she had a strange feeling she had at least heard of some of them before. It's not like anyone had iPhone cameras in the Enchanted Forest to take a selfie with their true love (or lost love).

Peter looked to David and Emma, "I'm afraid I don't know who either of you are."

"Emma Swan," Emma replied absentmindedly. Her graze was locked on a man who had his head turned.

"David," David replied. "I'm Snow's husband and Emma is our daughter--Emma, are you okay?" David had noticed his daughter had seemed to have spaced out.

David's voice snapped Emma back to reality. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. So why are you guys all here?"

"It's sort of like the Fields of Asphodel," a man with a thick accents replied. Emma's eyes instantly snapped back to the man she had been focused on. "In the Greek myths, there were three sections of the Underworld. Out there past the door is the Fields of Punishment. In here is the Fields of Asphodel."