Distractions

After everything that Kyrie has been through, Miles doesn't want to hover over her every move. He wants to give her space to think...to breathe. The only way to do so is to put himself deep into his work. With much protest, he calls Sierra.
It's been a while since they've talked and he had no idea what to expect with the company. At the same time he trusts her 100% to take care of things when he isn't available to.

"Mr. Hightower! Im actually in a meeting with the executives. I've held down the fort awaiting your return. I also heard about your little tumble. We honestly don't mind you working from home for the next few weeks."

Great. Miles hadn't wanted anybody to know that his hand was all fucked up, mostly because it sparks questions that he wasn't ready to release to the public. He's surprised that Kyrie's face hasn't been plastered on every magazine within a thirty mile radius of his house.

"Sounds great Sierra. Sells are higher but not high enough. Obviously, publishing more issues, releasing more movies-hell changing the goddamn background on the website would produce more profit in the next 6 months. What films have the ok to launch in the next week?

"Week?! Um sir...in your absence, all films have been on hold awaiting your approval. I-I have had our people look at them and-" Sierra stammers.

"It's a very simple question my dear." Miles mutters, finding himself reclining back into his home office chair.

"As of today...we have over a thousand to be passed by you." Sierra replies, feeling bad for not having the time to at least go over some of them to launch. Nonetheless, she couldn't change it now.

Miles seems to be fine with the whole thing. He doesn't so much as flinch at the fact that she's been slacking. Obviously, Kyrie is occupying his mental capabilities. With a deep exhale Miles can only look into the direction of Kyrie's bedroom. Shocked to see her standing in the door way of his home office, looking right at him.

"Any potential red flags reported by our editors?" Miles asks.

"About 50." She scoffs.

By this time, Miles has loomed out of his office chair, sauntering over to Kyrie who seems to be missing his presence around. Her hair is swept unkemptly over her face, which is soaked of sadness. He hates seeing her this way, but what makes it even worse is that he can't do anything to change her mood.

As Miles reaches her, his left hand strokes her tear streaked cheeks and her eyes flutter closed in satisfaction. It's something about her lovely face that sends chills running through his body. Affection and euphoria clouds the room like thick fog, but Miles refuses to act on it. He just wanted to be there for her.

"Perfect. Launch a promotion to the subscribers that over 500+ films will now be available. That'll give me time to personally review these films from home."

Kyrie snakes her arms around his waist just to feel his warmth on her skin. Miles can do nothing but oblige her. He still has no idea what is going on in her head regarding the pregnancy, but at least he knows that she wants to be around him. He honestly can't ask for anything more.

"Excellent idea Sir! We will launch the promotion as soon as possible."

"Great. I'll leave the rest to you. Enjoy your day and let's focus on making more money in the future."

Miles couldn't wait to get off the phone. Especially with Kyrie's arms wrapped securely around him as if she needs his strong physic to keep her sane through this rough time. Miles could do nothing but hold her, taking in her sweet scent as her arms get tighter.

Kyrie is in need of his attention and he is all too happy to give her just that. With a quick press of his phone, Miles will be all hers. As Kyrie grows impatient Miles can do nothing but chuckle at her clingy attitude.