[8]

Friday, August 1st | 9:17am | The St

Friday, August 1st | 9:17am | The St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya

The St. Regis was fan-fucking-tastic, Jukes thought as he woke up the next morning.

The Palace Suite was immaculate. It took up the entirety of the fortieth floor of the hotel. Included in the suite were five bedrooms (each with its own bathroom), one dining room, a living room with an entire entertainment center and surround sound, a game room with vintage arcade games and a pool table, and a full-size kitchen.

Jukes claimed one of the larger rooms to himself, one that came with a regal king-sized bed, high ceilings, large windows letting in natural light, royal headboard, 1000 thread-count sheets, velvet feather down pillows, and marble tile floors.

The bathroom had a shower that came with a steam option.

It was absolute heaven for him.

He couldn't wait to meet the lucky girl he'd take back to the room after they completed the mission to celebrate. Mmm, a perky blonde with a Russian accent? The thought alone got him out of bed and ready to start the day.

After he had brushed his teeth, he stepped out of his bedroom to find Cam and Kandy cooking over the hot stove in the kitchen. The same time he stepped out the door, Fox emerged from her bedroom with a messy bun on to of her head.

This scene wasn't a surprise to him. It actually reminded him of older times when the four used to live with Wesley. He and Fox were the lazy ones when it came to household chores. Growing up, chores were a part of Wesley's training - vacuuming, dishes, cooking, laundry. He had done his well attempt at fathering them by disciplining through chores.

Who had the time to do chores when there was a world of bad guys ready for you to kill?

Jukes and Fox absolutely hated Sundays, the day in the week Wesley specifically reserved just for them to do chores. They broke a sweat, yes, but it wasn't because of rigorous training. When it came to organizing, Jukes was all over that. In fact, he traces his need to finish a mission as cleanly as possible because of it, but actual household chores? He'd rather choke.

Cam and Kandy had no problem getting all the work done. In fact, he liked to think they enjoyed doing the simple tasks that he and Fox dreaded to do. Kandy was a laundry folding goddess and could finish vacuuming a room in under six minutes. Cam found it soothing to wash dishes and had become the star chef of the team. When it came to holding the fort down, those two took the initiative knowing that he and Fox would be in bed dead to the world until absolutely necessary.

"Good morning!" Kandy now chirped before humming a song. She even gave a little flounce in an oversize t-shirt that had the heart-eye emoji on it. It sort of creeped Jukes out that Kandy looked like a little kid sometimes, but one touch of a knife and your body would be chopped into pieces almost instantly.

"Mmm," Fox grumbled as she plopped down onto the kitchen bar stool, lowering her head down over the granite counter top.

Jukes laughed at her. She had never been a morning person.