Ouija Board. [SilentCalibre]

[my little shipping whore Maddy,, uvu]

The two kids shuffled out into the empty living room and set down the box one had found in their parent's closet.

"You sure your mom doesn't mind we took it?" The younger, by just a few months, questioned, looking his friend.

"Calm down, Arlan. It probably doesn't even work." He pushed at him playfully before opening the box. A rectangular board sat inside. The alphabet printed across it and the words yes, no, and goodbye, in the corners and bottom. Lui happily lifted the ouija board from it's case and grabbed the triangle piece. He looked through the small glass circle in the middle before setting it down in the center.

Looking at it for a moment, Arlan stood and hurried out of the room. Surprised by his friend's sudden movement, the small boy followed after him.

"Arlan- Arlan!" Lui took his friend's hand on his own to stop him from going to the sneakers by the door.

"This is a bad idea, I don't want to be here," Arlan turned to face him.

"Don't be such a pussy, it probably won't even work." Lui held his hand in both of his, trying to make Arlan stay with him.

He looked around the room before to Lui's eyes. Letting out a shaky sigh, he squeezed Lui's hand in agreement. He skipped away with Arlan back to the coffee table in the living room.

"Sit." He pat the other side of the table as he sat. Following his actions, Arlan sat in his knees in front of the board. Lui set two fingers of each hand on the sides of the triangle, Arlan doing so as well.

"Who do you want to talk to?" Lui questioned, looking to Arlan with a happy smile. Arlan shrugged.

"Anything that isn't a demon." Circling the piece on the board, they watched the letters show through the glass hole.

"Anything not a demon, come speak to us! What is your name?" Lui said rather loudly. Slowly letting the piece stop, they waited for a moment. They soon felt their hands move, and watched the letters move through the glass. Arlan lifted his hands from the piece, Lui following in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"I- I have a really, bad, feeling about this-" The boy was cut off by a smashing sound come from a room over. Standing up they both checked the room over, seeing a picture frame laying facedown on the wood floor.

"Lui, I told you! I'm leaving!" Arlan ran past the broken picture frame, and rushed to put on his shoes.

"Arlan- Arlan wait- you need to- to close the board with me!" Lui grabbed his arm as he opened the door. Arlan sighed gingerly, and stomped past him. He plopped down at the table as Lui carefully sat in front of him.

"How do we close the damn thing, Lui?" Arlan glared at his friend, wanting a quick response.

"Oh- we need to- take the piece and- and move it over good- goodbye." Lui quickly stuttered out, setting his hands on the piece slowly. Placing his as well, the moved the piece over the word and took their hands away.

"Hopefully, that stops it..." The boy said quietly, putting away the ouija board and beginning to walk back upstairs to hide it away again. Arlan watched him walk away, letting a small sound of regret escape.

He followed Lui to where he found the board, watching him cover it up in the old jackets in his mother's closet.

"Want to stay the night at my house? So, you know, you won't be freaked out all night?" He asked as he turned to him. Nodding silently, he went to grab clothes to bring along. Arlan took his friend's shoes to him and waited for him to stuff the clothes into a backpack and slip into his shoes.

"Want a ride?" Arlan turned his back to Lui, bending a little so he could jump on. Getting on his back, Lui wrapped his arms around Arlan's shoulders as he walked through the house to leave.