Cigarettes. [DaithiDeLui]

He grabbed the box from the table before he came downstairs. He held his arm behind his back and he stood in the kitchen, waiting. His boyfriend came down stairs a few minutes afterwards, semi-wet hair from the shower he had just taken. He glanced around the room before looking to David.

"Hey, you seen my pack?"

"Your pack? No, I haven't seen it for a while. Maybe you left it in the car, Lui," David's accent seemed to get thicker as he lied. Lui turned and walked away, the front door soon opening and closing.

David sighed and made his way up the stairs in a quick matter. He wanted it gone, out of the house. It wasn't good for him, and he wanted to help. The store was too far away to walk to without getting bored, and he had the car keys in his pocket.

Their bedroom had a balcony, that showed a good view of San Francisco. The beach was directly beneath the house, so the ocean was under David's feet. The front door was opened again, so he hurried more. David opened the bedside drawer and took his lighter, the fuel to his addiction. It started it all, but he was ending it. He unlocked the door to the outside deck and walked out.

"David?" Lui squeaked behind him, not yet seeing what he held.

"Hey, Lui," David turned and set his hands on the railing, hiding the pack and lighter.

"What're you doing out here? Is something wrong?" Lui came up to him and set his hands on David's sides.

"W-What? E-Everything is f-fine!" David held his hand up to assure him he wasn't lying.

"David..." Lui said his name slowly.

"Why do you have my lighter..?" David's mouth went agape as he quickly took his hand down and behind him again. Lui reached around David, feeling the pack of cigarettes in his hand before he turned away from him.

"Did you take my cigarettes?" David put them in one hand and went to touch his Love's face with the other.

"You know I love you right?" Lui nodded.

"You know I want you to be happy, right?" Once again, he nodded.

David smiled and leaned down to press a kiss onto his forehead. He didn't pull back fully, only enough for him to speak again.

"Then you'll forgive me for this," Lui looked at David's chest in confusion.

"Forgive you for what?" David stepped back onto the railing, and flicked his hand up, holding the pack and lighter in hand. Realization hit him like a truck, but before he could take them from his hand, David had tossed them over the edge. Lui watched with wide eyes as they flew down and hit the rocks into the ocean. David looked down at Lui, waiting for a response. Silent seconds went by.

Then Lui spoke, looking from the rocks to the now setting sun over the water.

"I forgive you."