Chapter 14

M i r a c l e

"So Miracle, what do you do?"

I looked over at Tremaine's aunt, pausing for a second. "I own my own business." She slightly smiled as she handed me a plate to dry. "That's nice, what kind of business? if you don't mind me asking."

I forced a small smile on my face, as I dryed off the plate she just handed me. "Im owner of a debt collectors business." She nodded her head as if she was impressed.

"I see, so you guys make phone calls and collect money for bills?" I shook my head. "No, that's bill collectors, debt collectors collects debts or money that's owed to other people, like lawyers, agencies, things like that."

I didn't know why she was asking me so many damn questions about my job, but I knew how to play this game. I was lying to her face about SERVICE, and what really went on there, but it wasn't a complete lie, since debts were collected.

She smiled, nodding. "Wow, but your so young, how'd you manage to get all of that started?"

"It was inherited to me by someone in my family."

"Lucky girl." She started, handing me two glasses to dry. I sat the plate on the drying rack, and started to dry off the glasses.

"Thank you."

"It's a good thing that Trey finally met someone worth something, I just couldn't stand that last girl he dated."

"Amen to that." I turned my attention to the sound of Calvin's voice. He stepped inside the kitchen, making his way over to us.

"We're all glad that Trey's found somebody worth standard, it seems like he's finally taking my advice."

Tremaine's Aunt chuckled. "Seems like it, well anyways Miracle, thank you for coming to dinner tonight, it was a pleasure to have you."

I smiled, taking another dish from her. "It was my pleasure, thank you for allowing me in your home."

"And she's respectful." Calvin said, speaking up again. "Tremaine better hold on to you.....before someone else snatches you up." He stared at me for a secod before smiling.

I forced a smile on my face, even though he was making me feel uncomfortable. He was always saying things that made me look at him sideways or think he had something else up his sleeve.

I sat the last dish on the drying rack, and smiled at Tremaine's aunt. "Thank you again for the dinner tonight."

"No problem baby."

I could feel Calvin's eyes still on me, but I ignored him. I grabbed my purse off the small table and walked out the kitchen, wondering where Tremaine had went.

After dinner he had stepped outside to take a phone call, but he never came back in after that. I pulled my Chanel bag up on my shoulder and walked towards the front door.

I pulled it open to see him standing on the porch with his phone to his ear. He turned around once he heard the door open and smiled a little once he saw me.

"Ight, I'll call you back." He hung up the phone and turned to me. "You ready to go?"

I nodded, watching him drop his phone back into his pocket. "....Yeah....I didn't interrupt your conversation did I?"

"Oh that? Not at all, that was just my homeboy Vince, he was calling about some Nia bullshit."

I frowned a little, lifting a brow. "What about her?"

He took a deep breath, running his hand down his face. "She showed up at his place tonight....looking for you."

My frown deepend. "Looking for you? Why would she be looking for you there?"