Chapter 12

M i r a c l e

I woke up the next morning, still wrapped in Jarod's arms. I took a deep breath, rolling around still in his embrace just to see him already awake beside me.

"Goodmorning." I pushed his arms off my naked body and pushed the covers back. "Morning."

I grabbed my robe from beside me and stood up off the bed, quickly wrapping it around myself.

"Mmmm, you coulda kept that off." I rolled my eyes, trying my silk robe around my waist.

I pushed my messy hair over my shoulders before turning around to him.

"Are you getting up? We still have work today you know." He nodded, getting more comfortable in my bed.

"I am, but I just wanna chill here with you first...and talk."

I sighed.

"I told you we was gone talk in the morning, ion know why you thought I was gunna forget."

I slipped on my bedroom slippers, ingoring him.

I walked over to the window and opened the blinds, causing him to squint. "Okay damn, I'll get up."

I walked out of my bedroom and down the hallway to the kitchen.

I opened up the cabinents, pulling out my container of coffee beans. Normally I would pick up some coffee on the way to work, but I knew I was gunna need some for the conversation I was about to have with Jarod.

"You gone make me some too?" I glanced at Jarod, who was coming down the hallway, tying his sweat pants.

"There's a starbucks up the street, you can get your coffee there." He sucked his teeth, sitting up on my kitchen counter.

"Whatever, but look." He started.

"Ion feel to comfortable about you and this Tremaine nigga." I smirked. "Aw you finally got his name right."

He sucked his teeth. "Mimi Im forreal." I sighed, sitting my coffee in the coffee maker.

"So what do you want me to about it? This is my job." He shook his head.

"Nah, your job is to watch over all the girls, and run the business from your office, not be out here pretendin to be a Service girl."

"And another part of my job is to take lead and step in when necessary, and that's what I did, that's what being the boss is all about."

"You should have hired enough girls so you wouldn't have had to step in, I ain't comfortable with you doin this, especially when you coming home at 12am and shit, I just don't think your fit to do this."

I lifted a brow. "Excuse me? What does that suppose to mean?"

"Exactly what I said." He started. "Your good at your desk job, and being the boss, but you don't got what it takes to be a Service girl, you can pick em, I just don't feel like you can do their job like em."

I folded my arms across my chest. "And you feel that way because?"

"Because, I know how these niggas are, and ion think you know al the games they play, and I got a real bad fucking feeling about Tremaine and Calvin."

"Im playing a game with them, not the other way around, I appreciate you being concerned, but at the end of the day it's not up to you, you work for me."

He sighed. "Here you go with that shit again."

"You damn right, here I go. Your my employee, and you need to remember that. You can have a opinion since it's your right too, but you can't tell me what Im fit and unfit for, obviously your father thought I was fit enough since he was the one that wanted me to do this, I can handle myself Rod, and Im tired of telling you that."