Chapter 12

So how was it?" I looked at the direction where the voice originated. Winn stands firm beside the doorframe, he smiled at me as he walk closer to me. "Who did you call?" He asked while stopping in front of me as he handed me a cup of tea.

I retrieve it from him and took a sip from the cup. I smiled bitterly at him. "An old friend. Her name is Diana, she's the vet of my pet dog." I answered shortly.

He nodded. "Must be a very close one for you to entrust that kind of message to her."

I took another sip from the sweet tea. Its taste so unique and foreign to me, the beautiful taste still lingers even at the back of my tongue. I lower the cup, "She's 5 years older than me. I grew up with her even before Katherine became my best friend and yes, she really is very close to me. Almost like an older sister." I paused and stare at him.

"Wait. Were you listening to my call?"

He smiled mischievously. "I only heard the last part."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you did." I grumble. I look at the cup of tea and saw that I already drank half of it. I placed the cup to the table where the telephone also resides. I put my hand on my head and gently massage it. I'm starting to feel exhausted because of my lack of sleep.

"What is the name of that tea?" I asked.

"That? Oh, I don't know. It's just something ordinary which I found on the kitchen." He answered.

I stare a little longer at the tea before I look at the door. "I feel a little sleepy. I'll be heading to my room now."

I didn't heard what he said because I already started to walk away. My head also began to hurt and I feel a little... dizzy. It must be because of exhaustion. I really need to take a rest now.

I haven't notice where I was going until I bump into a solid object and when I look up, I saw a door. Well, it's not an ordinary door and more importantly, it's not my room's door.

It was the same door I always wanted to open. I'm in front of the room, I always curiously wished to get inside.

I look at my surroundings to check if I'm alone. It's the same as before, I'm alone. Alone and standing stupidly on the same freaking door. I took a deep breath and twist the doorknob.

It was open.

My heart skipped a beat when I manage to pushed the door slightly open without a problem- or a key.

Just several minutes ago, it was locked and I was frustrated on how will I open this door but now... it was unlocked. As if it was taunting me to get inside.

This is what I want several moments ago but I don't feel so sure about it now. I rested my left palm on my chest and calmed myself down. While my right hand pushed the door wide open to reveal what's on the inside.

It was dark.

Absolute darkness to be exact.

I stepped inside and touch the walls to find the switch. When I finally found the switch which I hope is for the lights, I flicked it open.

The lights flicked several times before it focused and finally, brought light to say the least to the former dark room.

I look at the ceiling and examine the lights. There's something's wrong. Even though It was open and the bulb, it sure emits light but something's off.

The light was dimmer- a lot dimmer than usual.

Sure is, the room isn't vanquish with absolute darkness but it still feels so lifeless and... gray. There are also no windows built so sunlight must've never reach this room.