"I'll break unless you want to?"  

"No, thank you." I shake my head.

Axel splits the cue balls and we begin our game. From his first shot, he knocks out two balls with a thunder crack. I down half the drink and then return for my shot. I line the white ball up and take a shot. The cue stick slides across my finger and smacks the ball.

The purple and white ball spins into the side of the edging, then rolls towards the middle of the table. I look up to see a smile on Axel's face.

"Good luck next time."

"Thanks!" I sigh. "But we both know I suck at this game."

Axel takes his turn and lands another ball. I sip on the drink, then walk towards the table with the determination to sink at least one ball. I line everything up, close my eyes, and then strike the ball. It's only when Axel cheers, that I notice the ball has disappeared from the table.

"Congratulations!" He smiles.

"I got it? Yay!" I cheer.

Warm arms wrap around my waist, then I briefly see Blake's head resting on my shoulder. He kisses my cheek, then looks at Axel.

"Is she beating you yet?" he teases.

"Nope, but she might overtake me."

"You can do it, baby, I believe in you!"

Blake unwraps himself from my body and takes a seat at the nearest table. I scan the room and find Ben at the bar ordering a drink. Axel plays for his turn while I go to Blake.

"Are you okay?" 

"Yes." He nods. "Just tired from work. Do you want to leave after the game?"

"We can go now."

"I'd rather see you beat Axel." He grins.

"I'll try, but I don't make any promises."

Axel takes his turn, misses the ball which makes Blake cheer. Ben eventually returns with a new drink. Instead of engaging in another conversation, he slings his arm around Axel. Just looking at Ben, you can see how incoherent he is.

The pair chatter while I focus on taking another shot. I line everything up, close my eyes and strike. I hope for the best, but the ball hits the side of the opening and ricochets back.

"Damn it."

"It's my turn," he comments to Ben.

"Can't we go home?" Ben stumbles forward, tugging Axel with him.

Axel wraps an arm around Ben, then helps him to a cushioned chair off to the side. I see them talking, then Ben kicks up a stink. He angrily crosses his arms and glares at Axel.

"We can call it a night if you need, Blake's pretty tired."

"If Ben wants to go home, he can go home," Axel grumbles.

Blake shuffles off the stool.

"I'll Uber home with Ben, get him into bed and then meet you there."

"Are you sure? Ben might be a two-person project."

"I'll be fine, have fun and I'll see you in a little." Blake pecks my lips and then waves to Axel. He grabs Ben from the couch and leaves.

I look at Axel and frown. "Are you okay?"

"I'm just." He huffs. "I need a drink."

Axel abandons his cue stick and walks to the bustling bar. I chase after him with my ice tea in hand. He leans over the bar and orders another jacks and coke, then looks at me.