Chapter 10

Alfred stood, frozen to his spot. Had he heard correctly? Was he dreaming? Had he fallen asleep at his desk in the office again?

"You're... You're pregnant?" Arthur nodded. "But... But we... You... How?"

Arthur breathed in deeply. "The doctor said that either we created it soon after we stopped trying or created it right before we stopped and it is just developing slowly." He nuzzled his face in Alfred's chest, hugging him tightly. "But, Alfred, we're going to have a baby! A life is actually growing inside of me! Alfred, I was really scared that this wouldn't happen, and now it is! I'm so happy, Alfred!" Arthur began to laugh through his tears as his husband still stood in shock. Then, Arthur stiffened. "But... You didn't want a child this early because of all the work, right?" Arthur drew his hands to his chest as he looked down. "I'm sorry, I know you didn't want one so early. We should have had it later, we should've-"

As tears built back up into Arthur's eyes, Alfred gently grabbed the quivering Queen's hands and pressed his lips to Arthur's. He pulled away and smiled. "Are you kidding, Arthur? This is the perfect time. I wouldn't have it any other way." Arthur sobbed as he was coaxed back into the King's arms. "I love you, and our baby. I don't care when we have it because I promise I will love it and you all the same, no matter how busy I am."

"Okay." Arthur nodded, smiling the best his could as he used his knuckles to wipe away his tears. Alfred chuckled, replacing Arthur's knuckles with his thumbs. "I love you, Alfred. You're perfect."

The King laughed softly, kissing the tears escaping the corners of Arthur's eyes. "I'm not perfect, Arthur, but I did promise that if be your Hero. So I'm going to be your Hero as well as a Hero for this baby." Arthur smiled and nodded. "I won't ever let you go, babe. I'll always look out for you and this child."

Arthur giggled, tossing his arms around Alfred's neck. "I love you, my Farmer boy.

Snickering, Alfred pressed his nose to Arthur's hair. "I love you, too, my Queen."

~

Arthur smiled as he stepped into the Heart castle ballroom. He remembered it to be so colorful and cheerful, and it was exactly the same, matching the Jack's personality.

"Arthur, Alfred!" Speaking of the bubbly Jack, he came bouncing up with a bundle in his arms. He giggled as he stopped by them. "I'm~a so glad you could make it!"

Alfred chuckled and gave the omega a slight bow. "We are pleasured to have been invited to such an event. May we see little Camile?"

Feliciano nodded vigorously, but then handled his daughter gently and cautiously over to Alfred. "Be careful. You gotta hold her head up."

The Spadian King chuckled. "I know how to hold a child, Feliciano. Back in Rosewood several years ago, Tino let me hold Peter right after he was born and I got to several other babies. They are certainly precious and have to be handled with the upmost care."

Arthur smiled, leaning on Alfred slightly. "Hey, little one," Arthur whispered, although the babe was asleep. He softly ran his fingertips over the baby's warm, smooth cheek.

The happy mother watched with gentle eyes. "I know Camile was only born because Kiku could not bare children, but I simply love her to death and so does Ludwig. She is going to be the Queen one day. Her mark is on her shoulder. If you lift the ruffles on her sleeve, you can see it." Feliciano leaned over an brushed the ruffles of the pink dress to show the deep red 'Q' mark on her shoulder.

Alfred looked up with a tilt of his head. "I thought King's show their mark when they are born, then when the King, Queen, and Jack all die, that's when the Queen and Jack show up?"