Batman in disguise

Our town was relatively safe because not many people resided here but to avoid any risks, I am sticking with Ethan for a while, partly because I had no idea what to do. Maybe, staying in the Betty was a better idea than roaming around aimlessly with a guy who hadn't broke off his gaze from his cell phone in the last twenty minutes.

Not like, there was much to admire around For him though.

"So, What do you wanna do?" I asked Ethan, just to strike up a conversation for the sake of it but he stayed silent glaring daggers at his mobile, probably waiting for someone to call him. It seemed as if we were walking down this silent, deserted street for ages.

As much as I wanted to deny it, this guy was boring, even more boring than watching my Nana doze off as I give her a foot massage and her yelling, "Nasty bumpkin. I see you." whenever I tried to run.

"There's a ball arranged at the Sapphire hotel. You want to go there?"

He turned to me, after putting his phone in his jeans. Wait, Did my ears betray me or something? What next, this guy is gonna tell me that he likes to wear bras for fun? Okay, that was random, but not as random as this guy thinking, we can just go ahead and attend that damn ball.

"Everyone knows that the ball is for those rich brats." I scoffed.

"Yeah well one of them rich brat is standing in front of you since his dad owns sapphire." He casually answered as if he didn't just tell me, he is the son of the owner of 'The Sapphire'

"Yeah and I am batman in disguise in a fat suit" I punched him in the shoulder laughing to which he didn't respond back like I expected, so I retreated back my hand, shutting up.

He couldn't be a billionaire. They don't roam around just for fun and land up in an abandoned cupcake shop.

Shock would be an understatement but he isn't even close to what I describe as a rich brat. Oh come on, you'd lying if you don't imagine them in super expensive cars, taking selfies with tigers and wiping off their shoes with a 100 dollar bill? Or maybe that's just me? OK. Nevermind.

But honestly I'd rather have someone giving me a lap dance right now than going to a stupid ball for elites where obviously my so-called family is invited. Matt must be there considering his rich opthalmologist parents. And the sweet, sweet Genna whose parents had to get some serious questioning to be done for their liking of alphabet 'G'

I don't know if I should be jealous, be angry or feel sorry for you, best friend stealer.

"Oh no." The billionaire Ethan muttered as his attention shifted to something behind me. The very first expression, that he had when we first met.

Yep, the one that says 'I saw Mr. Rhodes masturbating' . Oh wait, I forgot the detail before, no?

As I spun around to get a better look at the person, my jaw dropped open.

Kelsey.

She was strolling in our direction, holding a broken stiletto in her hand, glaring at it like the kid who just dropped his favourite ice cream sundae on the floor. You know the pain?

Her red hair which I vividly remember being tied up in a bun were all over the place and her pink dress was soaking wet and blemished.

As soon as I tumbled backwards, to make a run before she could notice me, I happened to crash into someone, expecting it to be Ethan but soon after, gaining my senses, I realised he was nowhere to be seen.

What's with people disappearing on me tonight?

The person I bumped into. Kylie jenner? Oh wait, that's just my step sister who ended up getting punched in the face earlier this morning for being a bumhole. Her 6-foot frame was towering over me, Almost unrecognisable with her swollen lip which she made it hideous with red lipstick. Her condition no better than Kelsey.