Welcome to Miami

Mom and dads funeral was today. It was in the morning and ended at around noon.

When it ended, everyone left. So it was just Joel and I left. We stayed there a while longer saying our final goodbyes. After an hour or 2 of talking to them, Joel said it was time to go.

We were going back to wherever it is he left off to we went to the house and got the last of our things. I went to take a shower and put on black jeans and a plain black long sleeved v-neck. I got my black cardigan from my bed and put it on. It was the ends of November so it was pretty cool outside here in California but I don't really get cold so I can make it with a simple thin cardigan. I got my black vans and put them on.

There was a knock on my door and I opened it. Joel was standing there fiddling with his hands.

"I just came to tell you that we're leaving in about 10-20 minutes." he said looking down.

"Okay." I said untying my shoe that was in my hands.

He left and I put on my shoe.

I didn't bother trying to look somewhat decent. I went back to the bathroom and brushed my hair. Not knowing what to do with it, I threw it up in a messy bun. I got my black onyx bracelet and put it on along with my glasses since I didn't really want to put on my contacts. I finished up by putting on some vanilla mint EOS and took a final glance in the mirror (which surprisingly didn't break). (Outfit at the top^)

I checked to see if I had anything left in here and walked out. Joel said someone was going to come a take all the boxes and furniture back to his place. So we didn't have to worry about that.

I walked out of my room putting all the things that I was using right now in their proper bag or luggage and waited for Joel.

When he came out, we started going to the airport. The rise there was silent. Neither of us said anything, too caught up in our thoughts.

We arrived to the LAX airport and joel paid the taxi driver. we thanked him and entered and started going through security check, luggage check, and all the other stuff until we were waiting for our flight to be called. We sat on the chairs as we waited.

"Joel? Where exactly are we going?" I asked him still curious as to where we were going.

He tried smiling at me but he couldn't. I wouldn't blame him tho. I can't either but its not like I would smile either way. He's always smiling and being happy. You'd never see him upset or crying. Which is something my parents would always complain about me and compare me with him.

'Deja de ser tan deprimida! Solo así te la pasas! Mira a Joel. Él nunca esta así! Él si disfruta la vida y esta sonriendo! Él siempre esta feliz no como tu!' My mom would always yell at me when I would come home from school after being bullied and treated like a damn punching bag.

"You'll see when we get there."he said forcing a smile.

I nodded my head and looked down at my phone.

I connected my earphones and put my music on loud blast putting my head back and closing my eyes.

A few minutes later I felt someone tapping my shoulder. I looked up and see Joel standing up. I took an earbud out on my ear and lowered the volume.