Gone

Some time in the morning Joel came. I was asleep on the couch. When I woke up, I saw him sitting on a chair, his head back and his hands over his face.

"Joel." I called him.

He removed his hands from his face and looked over at me. His eyes were bloodshot red from crying. His cheeks had trails of tears on them. His hair looked as if he ran his hands through it many times. He looked awful in general.

"Yami." he whispered. He got up and ran over to me. He pulled me up so I was standing and engulfed me in a hug.

I'm going to be honest, it felt weird. He never gave me a hug. And he never called me 'Yami'. Never.

I hesitated for a while, before I hugged back. I awkwardly patted his back as he cried.

He pulled away and muttered a sorry.

"It's fine." I muttered looking down.

It was an awkward silence after that. The only sound being heard was the two heart monitors for their hearts.

Joel's phone started ringing and he checked who was calling him. He got up and stepped out of the room.

He was out of the room for a while and came back in with tears. He went back to his seat on the chair and put his head back like in the previous position he was in.

We stayed like that for a while until a doctor came in to check on them.

"Are they any better?" Joel asked as the nurse was checking the bag with the clear liquid.

She looked over at him and softly shook her head.

"No." she said. "They lost a lot of blood. And I'm going to be honest with you, I don't think they'll make it." she barely even looked at him and walked out of the room.

That was all it took for Joel to breakdown crying. He started cussing at everyone and everyone.

I just stayed there, sitting on the uncomfortable couch, crying. I didn't say anything to him, or he would've gone off on me too.

He went up to them and started talking to them. Saying thing like:

"You'll make it."

"You guys are strong."

"It will be okay."

"Please. Don't leave us."

I was about to get up and walk over to him, when one of the heart monitors started beeping like crazy! Then, to our horror, it made the sound we were dreading to hear.

'Beeeeeeeeeppp'

Dad! I got up right away and ran to the opposite side of Joel on the gurney. Joel and I were yelling and crying and doctors and nurses came rushing in. They were going to start taking moms gurney out and into another room, when her monitor started beeping faster.

'Beeeeeeeeeppp'

Mom! The doctors tried getting their hearts beating again, but they couldn't.

This was it. They were gone.

The doctors stopped after a while and slowly, one by one, they walked out giving sad looks as if saying 'Sorry for your loss.'

"I'm so sorry for your loss. We couldn't do anything else to save them." said as he walked out and closed the door.

Couldn't do anything else...

They are gone.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Word count:540✨
02•28•16
~•~•~•~•~•~

SURPRISE!! DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY! IN HONOR OF JOELS 17TH BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY POTATO! I LOVE YOU (It's 10:55 pm. here in California so yes, it is still his birthday. 🎉🎈🎂😂)

All though, not such a great chapter to celebrate with... 😕💔
But don't worry, things get better! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

*crickets*

No? Okay... Well, more chapter coming soon! So stick around my lovely penguins 💖🐧 (I love penguin, don't judge 😂😂💖🐧)

Goodnight!/Morning/Evening 😂

~Yamileth💖