Chapter 1 Lobster Slap

Rose's POV

I woke up and ran outside.

The morning dew was sprinkled all over the bright green grass, the sun was shinning, birds were singing...

Everything was perfect... Too perfect.

I ran over to my sister Maggie's house, which wasn't too far away from mine.

Maggie and I were like most sisters, we had a love hate relationship, but we loved more than we hated.

I knocked on the door.

She opened the door, bright eyed, and bushy tailed.

"You're all dressed up...Why?" I asked her nervously.

"Don't you remember? We were invited to Norington's party yesterday. It's this afternoon." She said happily.

I rolled my eyes.

"And you're going?" I said shocked at how anyone would want to go.

"Yes, and you are too...I don't ordinarliy like those bloody things, but we haven't done anything exciting in years!" she replied.

"Well, if you want to go to a stuffy party, that's your doing. But I am not going." I replied with a hand on my hip.

"Oh, yes you are! I'm not going by myself!" she demanded, and dragged me inside the house.

She thought a minute, and then her eyes lit up as an idea popped in her head.

"Maybe you'll find a nice gentleman to marry you..." she said.

Her knowing me since I was small was a terrible disadvantage.

I laughed in retaliation.

"Oh please! Like any man in this bloody town would ever be interested in me!" I said still laughing at the thought of me dancing with a man wearing a powdered wig.

"Well, you'll never know, unless you go!" she replied, with a sneaky look in her eyes.

"Fine." I said sourly.

I got all dolled up, and went with Maggie to the party.

Norrington greeted us, and kissed our hands. He kissed mine more slowly.

I flinched; Maggie looked at me with her 'warning eyes'. He annoyed the heck out of me.

We were escorted to a dinner table, which had a feast of food in the middle of the grand table.

Norrington stood up with a wine glass in hand, and tapped it with a spoon.

"A toast to all that are here to enjoy this wonderful dinner I have prepared for you all." Norrington said with pride.

I clenched my teeth, Maggie held my arm sternly.

That HE prepared, I knew very well that he had ordered his 'servants' to do all this work, and they weren't even here to enjoy it, only the waiters, who served the wine, were there.

I finally calmed down.

A young girl came and asked me if I wanted some wine, I kindly declined, and told her that I was amazed at how shiny her hair was.

She smiled happily, and thanked me.

"Laura! Don't talk to the guests!" said Norrington sternly.

She looked down.

"Sorry sir....' She said, embarrassed, and ashamed.

"No, its okay, I spoke with her first!" I replied in her defense.