Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

"You almost fainted, and you're saying you're fine?"

"I'm just a little tired. That's all..." She lied, hoping desperately that Nikandros didn't catch on when she realized what was causing her pain.

"Sure, you are tired. What else is wrong?"

"Nothing!" She insisted.

Nikandros raised an eyebrow, "I don't think so. I think it's time we told each other the truth."

"I-I don't want to tell you..." Thea finally admitted. She avoided Nikandros' gaze.

"Why?" Nikandros asked quietly.

"Because you worry to much for me as it is..."

"Thea, I need to know."

"No. It's not important."

Nikandros let out a big sigh and looked expectantly at Thea, "Tell me this instant."

She didn't answer, but lifted her shirt slightly, revealing a quite gruesome sight. What had been a neat line of stitches across her stomach was now a bloody mess. Obviously, the stitches had ripped apart and the incision was beginning to bleed. Not only that, but the skin was an angry red color all around the busted stitches.

"Thea Rose Addinell!" Nikandros exclaimed, "Someone! Come here!" He yelled.

"No! Nikandros, don't call them. Please." Thea begged.

"Thea, you need help. Guards!" Nikandros yelled again.

"I don't want their help! Please...they will separate us again."

"I'll see if I can go with you." Nikandros insisted, "You really need medicine. The elves can give you that."

Before Thea could reply, Tauriel strode in, "What now?" She asked impatiently.

"My wife needs help." Nikandros explained, "Can you please get a healer?"

Tauriel raised an eyebrow, "Alright." She walked out and returned five minutes later with an older elf woman, not that you could tell she was older.

The elf woman bustled over, carrying many bottles and rags, "Alright. Where is she hurt?" She asked kindly.

Thea shied away from the elf, "Go away! I don't need your help." She yelled stubbornly.

"Thea, please!" Nikandros pleaded with her.

"I want nothing to do with that idiotic elf." Thea glared at Tauriel. 

Tauriel rolled her eyes, "I'm not going to touch you! Relax! Just admit when you need help, human."

"Thea." Nikandros warned, "Don't do anything stupid."

Thea started to sit up, fury in her eyes as she stared at Tauriel, "Why you little-"

Nikandros immediately laid a hand on her, "Don't you even think about it."

The elf woman spoke up, "Tauriel, you can leave."

"Fine." Tauriel said, and then spoke quickly to her in elvish. She was simply saying she would be right outside the door, but Thea and Nikandros didn't know that. Tauriel turned on her heels and left, closing the door behind her. Thea sank back down upon the floor and sighed.

The elf healer walked over, "My name is Almana. Where does it hurt?" She asked softly.

"I'm fine." Thea grumbled.

"No you're not, Thea. Let her help." Nikandros said simply.

Once again, Thea didn't say anything, but she moved aside her shirt that the elves had given her to show Almana.

Almana started speaking rapidly in Elvish to herself, while efficiently getting water, rags, and a salve. Expertly, she began to clean the wounds in a way that caused the least pain.

When the wound was clean, she got out a needle and began to stitch Thea's stomach back up.

Once that was done, she cleaned it again, and lathered salve over the bruises and the stitches. Lastly, she got out a long, wide bandage and wrapped it around Thea's waist and tied it so it would stay there.

She stepped back from her work, "There." She nodded in satisfaction.

Thea just stared in awe at how quickly the healer had done all that. She lightly touched the crisp bandage before pulling her shirt back down.

The healer smiled in satisfaction and turned to leave the room.

"Thank you." Nikandros said gratefully.

The elf glanced back and smiled again, before leaving the room.

Heeey...if you haven't figured it out yet, Thea has quite the temper. And I mean quite the temper. She is kinda hot headed. But oh well...people can change...

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Thea ~ Ithildae
Nikandros ~ Evara
Thranduil ~ Aris
Legolas ~ Ithildae
Tauriel ~ Evara
Healer ~ Evara
Random guards ~ Evara and Ithildae