Chapter 18

[Disclaimer] Once again I'm making up half the shit in this story so please don't take everything in a legalistic manner. THIS IS PURELY AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE MADE UP IN MY MIND (I like to call them author's universe cause the author makes up stuff but I never get away with it). So yeah. Enjoy.

[Niall's POV]

When we can't meet, we'll keep in contact as much as possible.

Making that promise, Harry and I looked forward to the coming days of summer. The promise of freedom that the warm air brought to us. The last weeks of school was always the worst. They were undoubtedly the most brutal as the signified freedom being so close yet so far. People often skipped classes during this period of time, but as expected, I couldn't since I had no one to skip classes with.

Louis most definitely wouldn't as his boyfriend was the student council president, which also crosses Liam off the list. Harry was a flat no, and Zayn had responsibilities as team captain to fulfil.

“C'mon guys, why so down? Live it up, man! Summer's almost here!” Zayn announced, settling his tray on our table as he attempted to pull Louis up from slumping across the lunch table.

Liam, who was beside Louis on the bench, had a book out in front of him and didn't bat an eye at the scene that began to unfold at our table. And Harry, Harry was somewhere, speaking to a teacher or something. He'd been more and more absorbed in his academics ever since his prep school started, and has been seeking advice and council from various teachers on university applications.

“Why are you so dead? Up! Up! Tomlinson! I don't accept this kind of behaviour from a member of the football team!” Zayn's words fell on deaf ears as Louis continued to ignore him and remained sprawled over the table.

“Don't bother, Z,” Liam finally said, eyes trained on the page he was on.

“Ugh! Honestly! You guys are so boring!” Zayn grumbled, allowing himself to sit down across from me. I shared a look with Liam who was diagonally away from me before taking another sip of my coke.

“So, what's up?” Zayn asked, unwrapping his sandwich.

“Nothing really,” I muttered dully. We were done with our exams and were just counting down the days till summer vacation began. There was nothing left to teach in classes, and the only class where we really did anything productive was in Music, and occasionally Gym.

“Well, I wanna know what's going on with you guys, you especially, Niall.”

“Why?”

“Cause you're dating Harry of course,” Zayn said conspiratorially, his voice lowered.

I ignored his remark as I suddenly remembered I had something to ask Liam.

“Li,” I said.

“Yeah?”