Chapter 13

[Niall's POV]

“Well it's about time,” Liam smirked as Harry and I both made our appearance at Louis' flat. A day has passed since Harry and I's confession by the hydrangeas.

Sundays were generally spent with Louis, and occasionally Liam, and we'd be chilling in his flat, eating junk food and watching dumb Youtube videos.

Today, Harry'd decided to join me. “I need to get more acquainted with the people my boyfriend associates himself with,” was what he said to me over the phone before I left my house. We'd later agreed to meet at the park and walk together to Louis' flat.

It wasn't the first time that Harry's been to Louis'. Considering how close Louis' flat was to the school, and how close Liam was trying to get to Louis, it was only natural that Harry being one of Liam's closest friends would happen tag along occasionally when Liam came over.

But maybe it's the way that we stood too closely to be able to pass off as merely friends when we rang the bell. Or maybe it's the way Harry's arm draped protectively onto my waist when I nearly tripped while walking through the door.

“Shut your face, Payne,” Harry muttered under his breath, kicking off his shoes.

“Are you gonna thank me or are you gonna thank me?” Liam raised his eyebrows in an amused fashion.

“Why should I thank you?” Harry snorted as he made his way to the couch in the middle of Louis' flat, dragging me along.

“Obviously cause I've been a really good friend and have stuck by your side since day one even though you're kind of a twat.”

“NIALLER!” A half-naked Louis came bounding from his bedroom, flailing his arms in the air, one hand clutching onto his phone. I didn't have enough time to react before he launched himself on me, knocking all the air in my lungs out.

I stared at him. He stared back. His face that was lined with laugh wrinkles broke into a frown.

“I heard you got Natalie an expensive gift for her birthday! Why didn't I get anything expensive for my birthday?”

I groaned. “Natalie made me buy her a present. It wasn't as if I offered to get it for her.”

“But still!”

“Shut your face, Tomlinson, you earn more in a month than I do in a year,” I stated matter-of-factly. It's true, with his Google contract on his Youtube account, he's earning enough to be able to drop out of school and be able to retire early. Plus his mom's loaded, though you wouldn't be able to tell from the condition of his apartment.

“Hush Niall, some people don't know yet,” Louis whisper-shouted.

Harry rolled his eyes. “Some people happen to be smarter than others. Nearly half the school knows that you're freaking Tommo on Youtube. There's no point in trying to hide behind those fake nerd glasses.”