Chapter 15

[Niall's POV]

Harry and Louis were still glaring daggers at each other when Liam came over and pushed them both back down to their seats.

“Enough,” he said, sending pointed looks at the two of them. “How would you think I feel after coming out of a totally unnecessary student council meeting, hoping to have a good laugh about it with my boyfriend and my bestfriend, only to find out that both my bestfriend and my boyfriend are starting drama with each other and being absolutely unpleasant beings to be with?”

“I-I'm sorry, Li.” Louis was staring at his lap, looking terribly sorry.

“I'm not the one you should be apologising to.” Liam's voice softened at Louis.

At Liam's words, Louis scrunched his nose up. “I'm not apologising to him. Why should I when he's stealing my bestfriend?”

You are the one stealing my boyfriend,” Harry said defensively.

“He was my friend before he was your boyfriend!”

I groaned. Here we go again.

“Well you don't see me complaining when you 'stole' both Liam and Zayn from me! Especially Liam. He spends more time with you than anything and I'm not saying anything!”

“Everybody's different! I just happen to be closer to Niall than you are to Liam or Zayn.”

“Niall is mine not yours; you're not dating him.”

“Stop it! Both of you! I don't belong to either of you!”

I don't know why, but I was panting. It was as if I'd just ran a marathon.

“Niall? Are you alright?” Harry placed his hand cautiously on my shoulder.

“I'm fine, Harry. Just upset that the two of you can't get along. Both of you mean so much to me and it hurts me when you fight and make me have to pick sides.”

I sighed. This was not what I signed up for when I chose to get into a relationship.

“I-I'm sorry, Niall.”

“Louis, I really shouldn't be the one you're apologising to..”

Louis stared at me. Then at Liam. Then at Harry. We were all silent.

“Hey Ni, come, we have English. We'll let them work it out,” Zayn beckoned softly.

“Lou – ” I started but was interrupted by Liam.

“It's okay Niall. They could miss one class.”