Chapter 3

[A/N] Note that I'm using the Canadian high school system and stuff for this story. I've tried to write in explanations about stuff, but if you have any questions just ask okay?

Oh, and by the way, we don't use the terms freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior in Canada. I just decided to add those in cause they'd sound cool. Idk. You could say this story is kinda mostly made out of my imagination. This is why I love AU's cause I can do whatever the fuck I want and no one can say I'm wrong ;D

Anyways, enjoy this chapter!! I'll try to update my Ziall fic soon okay??

[Niall's POV]

"Niall, remember eye contact and mysterious smile is key to make a girl's heart flutter," Louis recited to me. It was lunch time and we were sitting at our usual table with Ed, Josh, Cher Lloyd (who was clinging onto Josh), a few others, and surprisingly, Liam Payne. People come and go from our table. Never once did we chase anyone away or ask them to leave when they came and sit with us. We always welcomed anyone that wanted to sit with us. Same applied with Liam Payne. Though it didn't stop us from staring at him and giving him questioning looks.

"So what's this about?" Liam asks Ed whom he was sitting next to.

"Dunno, Lou's been pestering the Leprechaun about how to get girls lately," Ed shrugs. I look up from my sandwich to observe their conversation. Then it hit me, Ed was the only one on our table that didn't look at Liam oddly or questioningly as to why he was here. Ed was perfectly comfortable with Liam's presence, and was carrying a conversation with him as though they were lifelong friends. Well maybe they were, I'll never know, I thought to myself.

Glancing back to my sandwich, my mind starting spinning, trying to find reasons as to why Liam was here and why Ed was so familiar with him (apart from the fact that they knew each other since junior high). It didn't make any sense to me. If Liam was supposedly friends with Harry since kindies, and Ed also knew Harry since kindergarten, it means that Liam and Ed must've known each other since then right? So, why is it that a break up between Ed and Harry could separate Ed from the entire group for so long, and so drastically at that. Shouldn't those ten odd years of friendship be able to persevere through one mutual breakup? And then now, Liam and Ed were speaking to each other as if the separation never happened at all. Um, what?

"Hey Niall," someone called from beside me. I was sitting at the edge of the table and had already tuned Louis, who was sitting opposite me, out. Debating whether I should turn and face the person that was addressing me or not, I continued to stare at my sandwich and took a bite out of it.

"Niall?" the person called again, this time placing a hand on my shoulder. Ugh, what now. This time I actually had to respond. Slowly, but surely, I turned towards my left to face them.

"Yeah?" I drawled lazily, totally uninterested in conversation at the moment.

"Niall, mind telling me where you got your ring from please?" that someone asked with her voice dripping with honey. I looked closely this time to actually see who was talking to me, only to realise that it was Lisa Payne. My eyes widened, and I was absolutely unsure of what to do at this point. From under the table Louis gave me a hard kick, and I could feel his eyes burning through my skull.

"Um, I can't remember, sorry," I managed to say without stuttering. "But I do know of someone who has extra rings if ya want." I turned back to face Louis and smirked at him. This is revenge for kicking me!

"No, it's okay, thanks for your time though, see ya in class, Ni!" Lisa said before turning on her heels and strutting away with the same determination that I saw Harry Styles emit. I guess it's a Pop thing, y'know.